Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My experience with upwork.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 22

@Vyacheslav V wrote:

Petra please do open the attached file of my second reply. 

There is an image of contracts page.

I see .... Weird.

This does raise the question why you have a JSS at all, because you are meant to have at the very least 4 completed (as in ended) contracts to get one....

neskafee
Vyacheslav V Member Since: Jul 23, 2017
12 of 22

Petra -

Thanks for letting me know that, will keep that in mind. Thanks for your help, it does mean a lot.
Hope everything will be resolved.

Best regards Vyacheslav

neskafee
13 of 22

Okay for example if the Client has given me really bad private feedback I just have to accept that now? 

I described the situation pretty well I think and in your opinion that kind of attitude from the client is okay?

To threaten someone to get most of the contract, even if the contract doesn't include animation.

I am pretty upset that freelancers don't have right to stand for them, and clients can treat us for their own benefits.

I am being just honest here.

katrinabeaver
Community Guru
Katrina B Member Since: Jan 9, 2011
14 of 22

If you have proof that the client told you they would give you bad feedback if you didn't give them the animation for free that is feedback blackmail and against ToS. You can report the client with the proof. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
15 of 22

Vyacheslav:

Upwork actually works quite well for freelancers. But it can take some experience and practice to use it most effectively.

It can be very helpful to read threads in the Community Forum, to help you learn effective strategies for dealing with difficult situations.

A key thing that you need to work on is how to politely but effectively be the person in charge of contracts. You are the freelancer. You are the professional here. The clients are customers. We need to treat them with respect at all times, but we don't always aquiesce to their demands when they are being unreasonable.

You will improve your client communications and contract management over time.

neskafee
16 of 22

Preston, thanks, for being here.

Preston, I am managing with clients, for many years, and I have clients outside the upwork who is working with me for many years by now. Upwork is a just small platform for me where I make some extra money if I got some extra time.

But still, it does not make me happy to have an experience like this, I do love to be in charge about everything, and I am not happy just to let it go, and ignoring things.

neskafee
17 of 22

Katrina thanks for being here.

I have submitted the ticket already about my problem.

And this is what they told me the quote is copy paste from chat.

"I hope you can make things right by throwing in the animation for free" What things right? And why should I give something for free, to make who knows what right?

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
18 of 22

@Vyacheslav V wrote:

Katrina thanks for being here.

I have submitted the ticket already about my problem.

And this is what they told me the quote is copy paste from chat.

"I hope you can make things right by throwing in the animation for free" What things right? And why should I give something for free, to make who knows what right?

(1) Free work is strictly against Upwork's Terms of Service. (Unfortunately, Upwork employs some C.S. people who seem to be poorly trained.)

(2) If, indeed, you provided clear evidence that the client was linking a demand for free work (new, outside the scope of the original contract) to his proposed feedback score for you, then this C.S. response to you is, again, a real jaw-dropper. Feedback manipulation is, likewise, strictly against Upwork's Terms of Service -- although we did recently read some odd pretzel-logic about how it was acceptable under some circumstances if it came in the form of an affirmative pre-hire offer from a client. Nevertheless, what you have described doesn't even fit into the "pretzel-logic" carve-out that was described recently in the Forum.

As I see it, Customer Service is "hoping" that you (1) violate the strictures against offering work for free; and/or (2) not just ignore, but actually COLLUDE IN feedback manipulation.

neskafee
19 of 22

(1) Free work is strictly against Upwork's Terms of Service. (Unfortunately, Upwork employs some C.S. people who seem to be poorly trained.)

(2) If, indeed, you provided clear evidence that the client was linking a demand for free work (new, outside the scope of the original contract) to his proposed feedback score for you, then this C.S. response to you is, again, a real jaw-dropper. Feedback manipulation is, likewise, strictly against Upwork's Terms of Service -- although we did recently read some odd pretzel-logic about how it was acceptable under some circumstances if it came in the form of an affirmative pre-hire offer from a client. Nevertheless, what you have described doesn't even fit into the "pretzel-logic" carve-out that was described recently in the Forum.

As I see it, Customer Service is "hoping" that you (1) violate the strictures against offering work for free; and/or (2) not just ignore, but actually COLLUDE IN feedback manipulation.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I did the animation this was an offer for them, maybe they need animations as well, just to impress the client.
Funny thing is that they ignored animation till the end of the contract.

And for me upwork rating means a lot, it represents me and the quality I deliver to my clients.

And when the job was about to end they came up with things like "Yeah, the last image looks different " even when all the images were done with clients approval, and all of them had the same quality. You actually can see the images in my profile.

And this is when they told "To make things right you could give us animation for free"

And what I am supposed to do in situations like this? 

So this is when I gave to them animation as well with all images requested.

I am not violating rules, they just used the situation to get more for the amount they paid.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
20 of 22

@ Vyacheslav --

To be clear:  My problem here is not with you; my concern is this: I believe that Client Services is giving you poor advice. Badly off the mark.

The fact that you originally discussed animation is irrelevant to the scope of whatever contract you ended up with, if the client declined that original offer/did not agree to pay for animation in the contract you both finally agreed to. The animation becomes NEW work. The demand does not sound reasonable, as you present the situation.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS