🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My feed is all of a sudden the wrong job type...
Page options
9c8f0515
Community Member

My feed is all of a sudden the wrong job types

I've been on upwork for a year or more now. For the most part, 95% of my job listings are correct: Audio and music stuff.

The last few days it has switched to 95% video and graphic design - neither of which I am skilled in. I do not have any video/GF design skills on my profile, no mentions, etc. Almost 0 audio/voiceover/music posts on my feed now.

Has anyone else noticed this or just me?

3 REPLIES 3
04b3b57d
Community Member

It happen to me once. Try to edit your whole profile from stretch. Description, categories and work history etc. if these jobs are not related to your field. Use feedback (https://i.ibb.co/jGFLfpD/3463-CE00-3509-4-F4-F-B452-A1-B396-D1-D1-A0.png sorry on mobile) feature, for example if I saw job that is not related to my interest. I may select *doesn’t match skill*

petra_r
Community Member

Chris B wrote:

I've been on upwork for a year or more now. For the most part, 95% of my job listings are correct: Audio and music stuff.

The last few days it has switched to 95% video and graphic design - neither of which I am skilled in. 

Clear your saved searches and set them up again. That usually sorts it.

Ammad K wrote:
It happen to me once. Try to edit your whole profile from stretch. 

This would be a waste of time and doesn't affect the feed.

etolsen
Community Member

As the saying goes...misery likes company...I'm having the same problem in the same timeframe.

I've exchanged numerous emails about this issue with Upwork support.  Over the 6 months I've been freelancing with Upwork the job feed mostly, with few exceptions, matched the profile skills /categories; now 50% or more job feed listings aren't even close.  Something has changed and the response from Upwork dare I say is unacceptable.   

My profile should be matched with IT support type jobs, here's is what I've received in one session:

Upwork 1.pngUpwork 2.pngUpwork 4.pngUpwork 5.pngUpwork 6.pngUpwork 7.pngUpwork 8.pngUpwork 9.png

Not a single listed skill category in the 8 jobs shown above are representative of my profile.  I was instructed to save searches that represent the type of work that should be in my job feed.  So I ask, I've never setup save searches from day one at Upwork and there wasn't a problem - so why now?  Where is the Upwork posting that the job feed process has changed?

The expectation, and this is based on past job feed performance, is the job feed would at least attempt to be accurate to my profile skills/categories and saving searches would fine tune that process.   Frustration level - 10.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths