cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My first job

Roshantha De Mel W Member Since: Apr 3, 2014
1 of 6
Hi, I'm new to the Odesk. However I was able to get hired for the first time. So my client has hired me. Also I had done the major part of the work now. However I noticed that my client doesn't have any reviews and paymentmethod not verified yet. Could you please tell me what are the steps I should follow to deliver the work to my client. thanks in advance
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 6
Hi, The client's payment method should be verified before you start working. If they don't have a verified payment method in place when you start working, then the payment isn't guaranteed. Did the contract show up under 'my jobs'? Is it hourly or a fixed price role?
Roshantha De Mel W Member Since: Apr 3, 2014
3 of 6
Thank you very much for the reply. So now I have done the work. And client is asking what are the steps to follow as he is also new. Yes it is shown under 'my jobs'. It's a fixed price. thank you
Community Guru
4 of 6
Ok, well if it's fixed price, it wouldn't have a guarantee anyway as it's at the client's discretion if he wishes to pay. Before you submit the work, remind the client that he needs to verify his payment method. Once it's verified, submit the work, the client checks it and then releases payment to you via oDesk. Don't accept payments outside of the site.
Ace Contributor
Alexander N Member Since: Sep 14, 2013
5 of 6
One more thing to add to sound advice Gillian provided: if that particular piece of work is big, ask client for milestone payment first, before turning over entire completed work. Just to be safe.
Community Guru
6 of 6
That's true, Alexander.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS