Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My first scam job posting

Highlighted
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
11 of 18

Garnor,

I still think you would have a lot less problems if jobs were set to be approved. If they are then something is sadly lacking in who is checking them. Most of these all have something that stands out like a sore thumb. Anyways I hope to see an improvement in the weeks to come on this as well.

Community Guru
Lyam B Member Since: Nov 3, 2014
12 of 18

Hi Garnor!

Everytime you've posted this, I've always responded because I -like many others- don't believe it. I'd believe it if I didn't see "YOU WON THE LOTTERY, APPLY TO CLAIM" or "I'm a hardworking freelancer" job postings. 

I like in this instance you mentioned "automatic". You mislead people before by simply saying all job postings were reviewed, but you must've forgot to mention the "automatic" part Smiley Wink

All is forgiven as long as we can begin to see some changes. These changes should've been implemented long before Connects, in fact: it should be implemented from the launch of oDesk.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
13 of 18

I think I've discovered how our "friend" Kevin is getting such realistic job postings for his scam job postings.

I've noticed a number of the same jobs on Elance and on oDesk but on oDesk the same job has double the budget. I think he is just copying posts on Elance and then posting them here.

I have no absolute proof of this but I seem to recall that one of the scams I applied for was like this.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
14 of 18

Well, Kevin got me again. I applied for another job and wouldn't you know it, it was him.

I'm getting really tired of this guy. It's gotten to the point where I have to question every job post and I'm probably missing legitimate opportunities because I think it might be this guy.

Please, figure out a way to get rid of him.

Community Leader
Teri S Member Since: Oct 17, 2011
15 of 18

Kevin got me for the first time today as well. I flagged the post, sent in a ticket to report it and replied to his message to let him know I'd done these. We'll see if any of that does anything. Hopefully, they'll at least cancel the job post and give us our connects back.

Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
16 of 18

Looks like "Kevin" is using the copy from legit 0-desk job posts as well. I bid for one listing and saved two or three others that looked like they were posted by the same person. While I flagged / reported/ chatted with support about this, the cost of the time wasted with this stuff has the potential to add up quickly. 

Community Guru
Ramon B Member Since: Jan 11, 2015
17 of 18

Thankfully I've been spared connects until this week through other work: now I can see why people are so fed up. Is it me, or are there actually more scam jobs than before?

Community Leader
Julie T Member Since: Sep 29, 2011
18 of 18

The same person just posted about 20 new jobs in the past hour. I dont see why o-desk cant just ban that account and its IP from the backend. While I flagged all those posts, it seems like o-desks has recevied enough complaints to remove all the bogus posts from this person en masse.  

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS