🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My friend can't ask questions in the communit...
Page options
f2dfd983
Community Member

My friend can't ask questions in the community

Greetings,

My friend can't ask questions in Upwork. The 'Ask a Question' button is not clickable and she tried again and again. Her Upwork was logged in still she couldn't ask. However, her question is:
"I don't have any government-issued card except for Learner's Driving License. I submitted it for ID Verification but it was declined. I worked with a client and the payment is in my account. I can't even withdraw it or work. I am likely to get a national ID card in 3-4 months but that's a long time. What will I do in this regard?"
Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Aminur,

While I can't share details for another user with you, you can refer your friend to the information shared with them on their ticket. Your friend can access their tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

She asked me What will she do after going to that link? she found a list of tickets and the latest one is the one that says her verification is declined. There is also an ID number there: 30356830

Hi Aminur,

Your friend will need to follow the detailed instructions listed on their ticket. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks. But there is a problem, she doesn't have any permanent government-issued ID Card. The only thing close to a government-issued card she has is a Learner's Driving License. She submitted it but it wasn't accepted. Now, what will she do?
Thanks you.

Hi Aminur,

You can refer your friend to this Guide to learn more about our accepted documents. Once your friend is ready, they can start the verification process and our team will review their ID. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

If she verifies her ID after 3-4 months(as that's when she'll get her national ID card), will her current earnings be still in her account? or will her account be somehow suspended?

Hi Aminur,

Freelancers that are required to verify but do not do so within 7 days of our notification will have their accounts placed on hold. The hold will prevent freelancers from withdrawing earnings, submitting proposals to new jobs, accepting direct hires, or showing up in search results. Any active proposals that have been submitted will also be canceled. The hold will not affect your ability to work on existing contracts. 

Once you successfully pass the verification process, this hold will be removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you!

petra_r
Community Member

Aminur R wrote:

Thanks. But there is a problem, she doesn't have any permanent government-issued ID Card. 

Then she has to get one. That's the only way.

It doesn't take 3 to 4 months.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members