🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My friend's password is not correct
Page options
tusheroht
Community Member

Forgot Password and Security Answer

hi,

i had forgot my original accounts password and security answer. so, i can't reseting password. now, how can i access my original account?

please help me.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
knwlzahid
Community Member

On the login page, choose the option reset password. see this link:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211067518-Change-Password. 

Kanwal

View solution in original post

305 REPLIES 305

Hi Nayomi,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I'll have one of our team members reach out with assistance via a support ticket. You should be getting an update on this page once your case has been reviewed and the support ticket's been set up.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, as others here I've lost my access to an email and somehow my password is suddenly incorrect.

This account was created on purpose of getting help.

Account email is **Edited for Community Guidelines**

And my personal email that I have access to is **Edited for Community Guidelines** so please contact me here. 

Thanks a lot!

Hi Juras,

Thank you for your message. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here . You will also receive an email notification for the same.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep thanks but I dont see any support ticket there and also havent received any email about it

Hi Juras,

You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi there. I seem to have forgotten the email address I used when I signed up (this is a new account) and my mobile number is linked to my old account. Could I get this reset?

Hello,
I need help to get access to my Upwork account.
I've decided to get back to freelancing work. But I can't get access to my old account.
I have the link to my profile - https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01f89b618c352a3bcf  and I can provide documents to prove my personality.
There is a war in my country. Due to this and some other reasons, I've lost access to my account (I don't remember an email and password).
Please send the answer to the email that is connected to this new profile (**Edited for Community Guidelines**).
I'll be very grateful, if you can help me. Thanks.
Best regards, Serhii

Hi Serhii,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here. Please close your duplicate account as soon as you get access to your main Upwork account.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Sure, I'll delete this account as soon as I get access to my main Upwork account. I've created this account to write the message in the community.
Thanks, Serhii

Hi,

I have the same issue as Tatiana above. Forgot my email and password to my account: https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0129d97a76f89e6712

Current profile is temporary just so I may solve this issue.

Can you assist me in this regard?

Thanks in advance.
Stefan

Hi Stefan, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. Could you please check out this article for more information on recovering your login information?

Please know that freelancers are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork, regardless of the old account being closed, or suspended. Having multiple freelancer accounts is a serious violation of the Upwork Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
94a831df
Community Member

Thank you

ecab0252
Community Member

Hey I lost access to my email and password of a upwork account which I used to have, please assit me in getting back the account. I have all proofs 

Dear Upwork Community

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek your assistance regarding an issue I am currently facing with my Upwork account, which is connected to my lost Gmail account.

Unfortunately, I have lost access to my Gmail account associated with my Upwork profile due to unforeseen circumstances. Despite my best efforts, I have been unable to recover the account or regain access to it. As a result, I am unable to log into my Upwork account as well, since it was linked to the same email address.

I understand the significance of maintaining account security and would greatly appreciate any guidance or support from the community in helping me resolve this issue. Specifically, I am seeking advice on how to reconnect my previous Upwork account, which contained my work history and earnings, to a new Gmail account that I have created.

I am open to providing any necessary documentation to verify my identity and ownership of the Upwork account. I have copies of my PAN card, Aadhar card, and a recent photograph available for reference.

I understand that resolving such matters may take time and would be grateful for your patience and understanding. If any community members have faced a similar situation or have any insights or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate your input.

I would like to express my gratitude for your attention and support in helping me regain access to my Upwork account. Upwork has been an essential platform in my professional journey, and I am committed to continuing my collaboration on the platform.

Thank you all for your time and assistance.

Regards
Farukh Khan

Hey upwork I've lost access to my email attached to my upwork account and I can't access it. I want my upwork account back, I have the proofs of my account please help me out.

Hi Sona,

Can you please click on my name and send me a private message with the registered email address of the account in question? I'll be happy to assist you further. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
dienopaul
Community Member

Hi, my friend is trying to reset her password but she forgot her security answer. How can she reset her password? Thanks.

If you lost a device where you were logged into the Upwork app or site (laptop, phone, etc.), please change your password immediately. Make sure the box is checked on the change password form to require all devices where you were logged in to enter the new password to continue to access your account.

To change your password:

1. Go to the Accounts menu > Settings > Change Password
  2. For maximum security, leave checked the box to "Require all devices to sign in with new password." This will close out your sessions on all devices until you log back in.

To change your security question:

1. Go to the Accounts menu > Settings > Change Security Question

To reset a forgotten password or security question:

1. Make sure you have access to the email address on file with Upwork.
  2. Click the Forgot Password reset link on the login form or the Forgot Security Question reset link on the security form.
  3. Enter your email address. We will then send an email which will allow you to reset your password or security question. Be sure to check your spam, junk, and/or trash folders if you can't find the reset email. This email is time sensitive—the reset link will only work for one hour.
  4. Follow the email's link to set a new password or security question.

If you suspect that someone has compromised your account:

1. Change your security question. Do this first.
  2. Change your password, leaving checked the box to "Require all devices to sign in with new password."
  3. Then contact Customer Support by clicking here to report the problem.

Tips:

• Don't share your password or security key with anyone and never allow others to log into your Upwork account.
  • Your password and security key are case sensitive.
  • Your password and security key should be easy for you to remember and hard for others to guess.

I have the same issue. In email I clicked the reset password, at that page it is asking for security question which i don't remember that, due to which I am unable to reset my pasword.

Hi Saad,

To reset your security question, please fill in the account recovery form here. This will automatically create a ticket, and one of our team members will assist you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi Juan Carlo,

Please share your friend's email or userID via PM so we can assist. you can send me a PM by clicking on my name. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, there. I forget my password and also the answer of security question. Could you assist me to resolve this?

Hi Dessy,

Thanks for reaching out. Could you please try the troubleshooting steps listed here? Feel free to reach out if the issue persists.

~ AJ
Upwork

I've read about it but I could't fill the form about Paypal since I don't connect my account to Paypal in withdrawing. Do you have any other solution for this?

Hi Dessy,

Thank you for following up. I’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Nikola
Upwork
01c82d06
Community Member

Hey there! I was just wondering if there's any update on my application. I've filled out all the necessary information and was curious about the status. Thank you!

Hi Dude,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I can see that you opened a support ticket regarding this issue and are now being assisted by one of our agents. Please feel free to update the ticket should you have further questions or concerns.

~ AJ
Upwork
1ffd9849
Community Member

Hi Upwork, it's been really hard to contact customer support from Upwork customer service.
I've tried asking for a request forgot password more than 10 times but never receive anything in my email. I've been looking up at the spam, trash, and inbox mail but still, there's nothing.

I tried contacting the support on the chatbox, but it seems like the robot doesn't help anything too. Since I cannot use my main account, I created a second account only to type this issue. Could you give any suggestions according to this issue? Thank you.

Warmest regards,
Ken

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Please close your new account once you get access to your old account to avoid further account interruption.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you so much for the help. I'll close this account and use the old account. Thank you

hello Upwork 

I had to sign up again this is not my actual account 

it's been really difficult to contact customer support from Upwork customer service.
I've tried asking for a request forgot password more than 20 times but never receive anything in my email. I've been looking up at the spam, trash, and inbox mail but still, there's nothing! I owe a freelancer money and i wanted to do the payment?

I tried get help or the chat box, but it asks me to log in?? which is excalty what I am trying to do.

regards,
Razan

Hi there,

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket and email as soon as possible and will assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
rostislav-kriv
Community Member

My friend is trying to log in but the Upwork shows the message that the password is not correct. He tried to set up a ticket here, but he can't for the same reason that he can't log in.

He asked me to help in creating this ticket and solving the problem.

The "Forgot password" feature didn't help as well.

Waiting for some solution. Thank you

Upwork is not going to let you mess with someone else's account.

Upwork might investigate you for asking about someone else's password.

I'm sorry, but you didn't get the point.

I don't need the password of my friend. I want somebody to help him personally. He IS NOT available to create a ticket/topic here because he can't log-in. And he asked me for help

Hi Rostislav,

You can advise your friend to use this form provided in this help article to reset their password or security question.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you Bojan!

I believe it will help my friend 🙂

I'm sorry, Bojan. But my friend tried several times the form you shared and never get any answer or e-mail notification from the Upwork.
Could I ask you to contact him personally somehow, please? Because I don't know how to help him without violations of the Upwork community (I mean sharing his e-mail here or smth like that).

It will be really great if my friend will get support from you.

Thank you in advance

Hi Rostislav,

I will reach out to you via PM with more information, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ahlejpuria
Community Member

I forgot my password and security question of my original account.
When I click on reset password link the it asking security question. I also forgot my security answer.
I make request twise but didn't get any response.
I need to access that aacount.

Please help ,how to get my account back.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths