🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My friend suddenly lost his account
Page options
c162d14d
Community Member

My friend suddenly lost his account

Hi, this is urgent my friend suddenly lost his account, this afternoon his account is just fine, tonight he will have an interview, but when he wants to log in, it said that his gmail not recognize by upwork,  his email

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Can the supporting team help??? 

3 REPLIES 3
NikolaS

Hi Fitri,

If possible please ask them to contact us directly on any social media they prefer and we will be happy to help. Please note that for privacy reasons, we cannot share information about another’s user’s account which we hope you understand. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
c162d14d
Community Member

Dear Nikola,

My friend has reported the issue and this morning we got informed that his account is suspended because of below reason

Both of us were shocked because he did not do that. It was a serious accusation and really hurt our integrity. We know the rules to use Upwork. We know that every communication should be via Upwork and we know the payment also have to be via Upwork

Even yesterday, when there was a message from a new client to have a short call,  my friend was asking "it will be using a call from Upwork right?" please checked his message history. Because he knew that all communication should be via Upwork. 

He actively opened the website because HE NEEDS JOB, he was fired since his company bankrupt because of the COVID. Yesterday he even bought a new connects, if he already gets a job outside Upwork, why he still buy a connect? I cannot believe just because the system told that he too active then you guys just suspend his account without any warning, without checking first, and it just right before he got a call from the client, just after he bought a new connect.

Please check all his history, his message, YOU WILL NOT FIND ANY INDICATION THAT HE WAS TAKING JOB OUTSIDE UPWORK BECAUSE HE DID NOT DO THAT. 

Can someone do something to help him get his account back?

Hi Fitri,

I'm very sorry to hear this. As Nikola mentioned below, please understand that for privacy reasons we cannot share information about other user's profiles other than with themselves. Please refer your friend to the notification they've received from the team for details and to ask questions.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members