cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My friends Upwork Account was banned because of a misunderstanding. How to get it back.

Highlighted
Sarosh K Member Since: May 7, 2018
1 of 16

My friend account was banned 3 or 4 days ago. He was a good freelancer had a 92 percent job success rate he was going to get the top-rated badge in a few days. Anyways he wasn't able to get a ticket up himself so he asked me to do it on his behalf from my account. He does not know why he was banned nor was a proper explanation given to him, what he figured was that he was banned because of multiple logins of which he gave a proper explanation that he has his account logged on his personal computer and on his laptop which he takes to his university.  Because of which the misunderstanding was caused. Other than that he sees no reason for his account ban. Kindly help a fellow community member out.   He works from his university too since his laptop is slow he prefers working on his personal computer which is at home since he cant take his personal computer to the university he used to take his laptop with him to the university. His name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** on Upwork full name is **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Since this is his only source of income right now I would appreciate it if you guys could at least listen to what he has to say.

Thank-you for your help

Community Guru
Elba A Member Since: Feb 28, 2017
2 of 16

@Sarosh K wrote:

what he figured was that he was banned because of multiple logins

Thank-you for your help

He should have received an email explaining him further steps he has or might take.

On the other hand, I don't think this is the reason why he was banned, there's something more to the story, that you are not aware of, most freelancers use multiples devices, PCs, Tablets, iPads, Laptops and, Smartphones, to stay connected (that's the whole point of being a Free-lancer), you can work whenever and wherever you want, but you can only run the time tracker one at a time, and this is crucial.

Edited to correct a typo.

Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
3 of 16

Hi Sarosh,

I'm sorry to hear that. I checked and saw that there was an email sent to your friend about the suspension. Please have him check the email sent to him. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Sarosh K Member Since: May 7, 2018
4 of 16

Hi Joanne,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my query.

This is the email that was sent to my friend.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

As you can see there's nothing mentioned in the email. He's really worried about this as this is his only source of income these days.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 16

re: "He's really worried about this as this is his only source of income these days."

Not any more, it isn't.

Sarosh:

If you really are his friend, you will support him. Offer him encouragement. Give him money.

You can't help him resume workin on Upwork, but there are many other ways you can help him.

Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
6 of 16

I can't really see a reason for anyone to get banned for simply logging into two separate computers. Upwork must have spotted unfair play.

Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
7 of 16

Just a possibility... This part of the group's profile makes me wonder whether perhaps there has been suspicion of involvement in academic fraud:

" I have helped countless Clients with their projects, articles, thesis, presentations, and presentations. I've written research essays, APA style, MLA Style, whatever you can think of I've written it. "

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 16

re: "Service violation(s) in question lead to this final decision."

I don't think this was academic fraud. It seems to reference violations of serious Upwork ToS.

Community Guru
Elba A Member Since: Feb 28, 2017
9 of 16

Would it be so bad that Upwork is crystal clear when suspending freelancers' accounts so that they do not claim ignorance, because they always do? so we can spare of these repetitive posts here in the forum.

I mean: Dear freelancer you violate this and that according to x.x from xxx guidelines by doing this xxx, you've been warned before and you did it again so is final, etc etc etc

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
10 of 16

@Preston H wrote:

I don't think this was academic fraud. It seems to reference violations of serious Upwork ToS.

I don't think it was academic fraud in this case either, but your repeated and thinly veiled attempts to pretend that there is nothing wrong with academic fraud are getting tedious.

Fraud is fraud, and as such fraud is always "a violation of a serious Upwork ToS."

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS