🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My hourly contract was put on hold
Page options
johnathan574
Community Member

My hourly contract was put on hold

I have a contract with a client for about a year and a half now. I received an email that my Contract was put on Hold but I haven't received any further details as to why or when I can resume work. I normally work 60+ hours with the client on a weekly basis so I don't understand what the issue is and when I can resume working.

Thanks,

Johnathan

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mukeshrana90
Community Member

Johnathan, there might be a problem with the client's payment method.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mukeshrana90
Community Member

Johnathan, there might be a problem with the client's payment method.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Johnathan,

If there is a problem with your client’s Upwork account, your contract with them will be paused and you cannot continue to bill that client through Upwork until the issue is resolved. There are many possible reasons this could occur, although we can’t share the specifics regarding your client’s account due to privacy concerns. Please discuss this with your client for more information regarding your contract.

You may want to wait for the hold on the contract to be lifted before taking any action or doing any additional work on the contract.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Why nobody is lifting the problem that there are a lot of freelancer that havet seen any money back from upwork....at least give us free Credit to apply for future job...

THIS IS HOW YOU DEAL WITH YOUR CUSTOMER...WE PAY YOU A FEE UPWORL..CMON..

lysis10
Community Member

Ciro F wrote:

Why nobody is lifting the problem that there are a lot of freelancer that havet seen any money back from upwork....at least give us free Credit to apply for future job...

THIS IS HOW YOU DEAL WITH YOUR CUSTOMER...WE PAY YOU A FEE UPWORL..CMON..

I've gotten paid every time on hourly contracts when the client failed to pay because I use tracker and follow the payment protection rules.

how long do i have to wait for my hourly on hold contract to be resolved.

re: "how long do i have to wait for my hourly on hold contract to be resolved."

May need to wait for an hour. Maybe two hours. Maybe one or two weeks. Could be never.

The client needs to resolve this. Nothing that the freelancer can do.

Don't do any work on that contract. Wait until it is not on hold.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members