🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My id card got denied for identity verficatio...
Page options
00fd7a51
Community Member

My id card got denied for identity verfication

Hello, I will make it short. Yesterday I got an email, and Upwork told me that they couldn't review the given id card and needed me to send an alternative. I don't need to know why it got rejected because I can guess it. My id card and other documents are all valid, so there should not be a problem, and the id card type is also eligible for Upwork verification.

Now I think the issue is with my profile picture. I made the account a few months ago and started working four days ago, I guess? I changed my profile picture when I started working, but it was photoshopped. Of course, that's me, but I made my nose a little small and did some very light skin softening to better my profile picture. Please note that I never altered or uploaded anyone's image and claimed it as mine. I thought this was fine and didn't know that it could cause me issues in the future. I am very new to Upwork, so is there any way to upload another image of myself? I can't do that right now since it's telling me to do it after verification. And I am guessing that this profile picture is the only thing causing it.

I can do video verification, talk with any Upwork support member, answer any questions and even show them my id right in front of the camera if needed. I already have a ticket opened on this (I am asking it here if you guys have any suggestions on this matter). Although it's been 12+ hours with no reply, I am not here to complain or anything. This was a mistake on my end, and I hope it can be resolved as soon as possible.

Also, here's some more information (just sharing in case needed). I had a profile picture before this one. And that was also me, and if it's on Upwork's database, it can be used to verify as well. It was changed very recently so. Anyways I love this platform. I already got two long-term clients in the first three days. I just need this verification thing to be done, and then I am all set!

Thank you, and sorry for making it so long if you've read this far. Have a great day. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hi Syeda,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your inquiry. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PradeepH

Hi Syeda,

Thank you for your message. I see that you are already communicating with the relevant team via a support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you as soon as possible to assist you. Please allow 24-48 hours for the team to review and respond to your inquiry. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Alright, I will wait. Thank you.

Hi Pradeep, now they are telling me to upload a different id card. But I don't have one, I only have nid which is eligible for Upwork and valid. Can you please tell me what to do now?

00fd7a51
Community Member

My account is now verified, thank you Upwork team for your help.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths