cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My job Application always stored in client hidden folder

tanzil_omar
Tanzil Omar H Member Since: Oct 18, 2012
1 of 31
When I applied a new job. My job application always stored in client profile hidden folder. I haven't got any job offer since 5 months. Why??? 1 client inform me my job application will be auto hide. My name is Tanzil Omar Habib My feedback score 4.65 My oDESK hour 1522 I have taken 10 oDESK test. my all test score is top level. I have completed 12 projects. So, Why my application are automatically hide. Please check my account. tell me details. how to solve my problem??
mistykeith
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
2 of 31
It could be due to the fact that you've not had that many jobs here at Odesk and your overall feedback is a 4.46 for the past 6 months. It could also be that you're applying to jobs where SEO and other optimization isn't the primary project goal. SEO is really falling off the bandwagon--becoming insignificant under new marketing techniques and strategies to date. I'm just guessing here, but viewing your profile, your tests look good, your profile summary statement could use a little work (grammatically, word function and flow, etc) but overall it is OK. However, I'm thinking that because you're fairly new here, and the feedback has dropped significantly for only 12 jobs, this might be impacting you negatively. This might be the reason why you're hidden--note, I'm not saying it is. Still, as a client here, too, (myself) I don't think I'd hire you based on that low feedback score being weighted on just 12 jobs. That is very little work experience. I'd be somewhat apprehensive, I'm sorry to say. Smiley Sad Try to get that pulled back up if you can. I understand some clients do rate with a 4.0 no matter what (I know) and some are harder with that feedback in general. You can still make improvements though.
somnathgupta14
Som Nath G Member Since: Aug 15, 2011
3 of 31
Hello Misty K, Well, I agree with you but can you please check that my profile and let me know that what is the coincidence that my all bids are goes to hide while I've good feedback score and jobs. If you've any suggestions about that than also please let me know how can I solve that. Thanks
hsikander
Sikander N Member Since: Aug 18, 2011
4 of 31
have you got rid of this situation as i see you have been hired after this post ? if your problem has been solved plz let me know how is it solved and not how you are being hired again as i am also facing same problem and not being hired since last 3-4 months .
somnathgupta14
Som Nath G Member Since: Aug 15, 2011
5 of 31
Hi Sikander Nawaz, You are right but I'd like to inform you that, I am getting jobs from my old clients not from the oDesk bid. I have requested to oDesk support 50 times but they said ,You need to get more jobs and high feedback to solve this situation, when I asked ,How can i get the more jobs as My all bids are goes to hide than they said keep working Smiley Happy Sorry for that, But I don't think it'll solved in future as they said ,They have no any gurantee for that.. If any one solved this situation than please let me know. Thanks
sapang
Sapan G Member Since: Nov 1, 2014
6 of 31

Hi Misty,

I faced problem of auto-hidden in odesk from last 1 month. I have apply 100 jobs & dn't get a single response from clients. I am worried because  this is only my earning & my carrier.

Please check my odesk profile &  give me a suggestion for that.

ryan_banag
Ace Contributor
Ryan B Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
7 of 31
I am curious, How will you know if your application is hidden on employers view? Been reading about this here in the forums and I cant seem to figure out how this works.
rpmacrohon
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
8 of 31
You won't know if your applications are hidden
g_nembhard
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
9 of 31
You won't know, Ryan and this is part of the reason why some freelancers are displeased about this system... me included! I've hardly received responses to my applications and I think that this system has something to do with it. I mean, you can't blame everything on this system, but I have an idea of how clients would usually respond.
ryan_banag
Ace Contributor
Ryan B Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
10 of 31
Interesting. So oDesk decides wether your application will be shown or not to the employer. Isnt this a complete breach of freedom for the freelancers?
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS