cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My job Application always stored in client hidden folder

perrysinghdhs
Parvinder S K Member Since: Jan 8, 2015
11 of 31

May i know what solution have you found?

ameequeshaikh
Ameeque S Member Since: May 4, 2015
12 of 31

Please share your idea with me.

mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
13 of 31
The people who have found out about being hidden seem to have found out from clients that they have worked with before. When the freelancer appears to not have applied, the client queries this with the freelancer. So all of us (specially newbies like myself) have no idea if we are just wasting our time applying. Unless I missed a post somewhere, oDesk have never given clear definitions of how their little robot decides who to hide.
ryan_banag
Ace Contributor
Ryan B Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
14 of 31
I myself didn't know about this "feature". How it works, details, when it was implemented etc. is there any official announcement about this?
mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
15 of 31
There was an announcement on the forum, but only after the fact, I think. Since then there have been many complaints from freelancers and clients, but no real response from oDesk. Most freelancers only find out about it when they come to the forum to find out if others are experiencing low response rates to applications. Some have not received job invites for months. But the "people who know best" at oDesk obviously believe their experiment is working. The fact that they are destroying freelance careers - those with 5 star ratings and 1,000s of hours - does not seem to be relevant to them.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
16 of 31
Some clients have been kind enough to share screenshots showing that applications from qualified freelancers are being hidden, while applications from unqualified freelancers are visible.
ryan_banag
Ace Contributor
Ryan B Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
17 of 31
I dont think this is going to yield a good result. oDesk will fail new employers to get quality jobs done, hence they will avoid or completely shrug their shoulders on doing business again here. Hiding qualified contractors, showing unqualified one, and no valid answer from oDesk? This is bad. The effects for now maybe unnoticeable but the unsatisfied employers will pile up in the long run. How do their algorithym (as what they always refers to it) decides wether who to hide or not?
iadrees
Imran A Member Since: Feb 27, 2008
18 of 31
I also have the same issue. I am bidding from last 7 months but not a single reply received. I was worried enough that my profile is not so bad and i always have a good response from clients. One of my friend who has a company profile on odesk posted a job and asked me to apply on this. I applied on the job and then my friend told me that your profile is not showing. he sent me a screenshot of his page in which a message was "7 hidden profiles" Odesk has automatically hidden some applicants who may not be a good fit for this job. So i am still finding for solution and unable to find it....anybody please help .. i need work.. i am free from last 7 month.... if anybody has solved this matter please share with us. Thank you
d7779d6f
Shourov B Member Since: Jul 21, 2014
19 of 31
This is insane. If odesk controls wether a freelancer will be shown or not in a job posting it I could possibly create a dimension where newbies will get a chance over the old freelancers. The recommendation scheme shouldn't bother a freelancer much because the client can chose many options how the want to categorize the freelancers and chose accordingly.
smith_sam
Ace Contributor
Vivek G Member Since: Aug 20, 2009
20 of 31
Hello All, If you see my profile, i have more than 600+ five star feedback,but struggling for getting new clients for last few months. When i contacted to support,they said i'm not fit to clients. I think after spending thousands hours and working so hard on odesk,i'll have to look for alternative as i left the my job and have been doing full time freelancing for last many years Its really hard when you have a family and you face this situation. Odesk doesnot seems give any support as i tried many times. I think odesk will realize when all good freelancers leave system Thanks Vivek
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS