Did you mean: 

My job success rate was changed from 97% to 93%

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
21 of 30

Javier. You're IT! 

It's all making sense now.... 

IT's are known for their lack of certain social skills necessary in communicating effectively, as they often harbor contempt for people  deemed not of their 'ilk'.  

THAT you can trust. Smiley Wink 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
22 of 30

I can't cite my source because then I'd get thrown off the platform - and I don't want that. But I assure you it is as authentic as it can ever get.

(_. ________, personal communication, June 12, 2015)

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Javier M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
23 of 30

@Mariska P wrote:

Javier. You're IT! 

It's all making sense now.... 

IT's are known for their lack of certain social skills necessary in communicating effectively, as they often harbor contempt for people  deemed not of their 'ilk'.  

THAT you can trust. Smiley Wink 

I did enjoy the cite Smiley Very Happy

It is not a question of social skills but of first-hand experience: CS is not always aware of what you have implemented (particularly for really complicated algorithms) and we have no guarantee that

1) upword's CS is in line with the JSS development team.

2) JSS development team has been allowed to give out precise information

If they have bugs is quite likely that they go amiss (nobody will raise them)

Again, a system that enforces us freelancers to show our earnings and then decides to hide the rating algorithm does not inspire much confidence, does it?

Off-topic: reminds me a bit of TTIP Robot Very Happy

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-brWNpXWZ_mc/VbwQRaQY58I/AAAAAAACL0E/JUCuD85p8D4/s640/comma_bit_of_privacy...

Regards,

Javi 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mariska P Member Since: Apr 27, 2015
24 of 30

I enjoyed creating that cite Javier! You inspire me! Smiley Wink 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
David B Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
25 of 30

@Javier M wrote:
Call me paranoid but JSS is hidden for a reason and I suspect (my opinion) it is not to avoid us playing the algorithm.

You're not paranoid; Upwork states this explicitly:

We won't reveal the exact calculation for Job Success. Doing so would may make it easier to artificially boost scores. We need to maintain some privacy with this metric to ensure fairness and accuracy.

As for dollar-weighting, I know for certain that the 5-star rating is weighted based on the size of the jobs, because I had to rate a worker as not-quite-5, but his overall score was barely touched, since the job was tiny compared to the ones he usually took.

That same page states:

Unlike the 5-star feedback system, Job Success considers all your Upwork contracts.

(but it does not mention whether the size of each job affects scoring differently)

In any case, what does it all really matter?  As a client, I expect every worker to deliver an exceptional job, and as a worker, I strive to do precisely that.  What does the size of the job have anything to do with that basic tenent?  When you work here, give 110%, and the JSS score will reflect this.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Greg G Member Since: Jan 1, 2015
26 of 30

This is idiotic

My JSS dropped from 100% to 93% for no reason. I deliver amazing work.

My rate is $105/ hr.

I generate a ton of money for "Upwork" each month 

They are lucky to have good freelancers like me and if it drops again because of something unrelated to my performance then I will consider moving elsewhere.

Fix this 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
David B Member Since: Mar 21, 2015
27 of 30

I'm pretty sure it wasn't "for no reason", Greg.  In fact, given what I read from

your post, I'd bet that at least one client had some concern, somewhere along

the way.  Attitude may not be everything, but it sure colors a relationship.

@Greg G wrote:

This is idiotic

My rate is $105/ hr.

They are lucky to have good freelancers like me and if it drops again because of something unrelated to my performance then I will consider moving elsewhere.

Fix this 

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anil C Member Since: Oct 23, 2015
28 of 30

Hi,

All the confusion is because of the “private feedback taken for JSS calculation.”

You may be getting a public feedback of perfect five. But you never know that you got a zero in private feedback.

There is a loop-hole in this. A person can simply destroy your stats on purpose, by doing 3 or 4 continuous jobs giving 5 stars in public, and 0 starts in private.

You will never know this, as the the client is happy and giving you perfect 5.

I have worked in Similar freelancer sites, and no other site uses this “private feedback” for JSS calculation.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Anil C Member Since: Oct 23, 2015
29 of 30

I had about $11,000 in 45 jobs with 100% success rate, and in top-freelancer category before.

But after completing a job for just $200, with 3.85 public stars, and no disputes, success rate drops to 93%

I know the client must have given zero in private feedback.

It seems like the system is not considering the $ value, but just the hidden private feedback stars and seems very unfair.

I have worked in similar freelancer sites, and they don’t use the “private feedback” for JSS.

It will be difficult to know which client gave you bad private feedback, when you are working with multiple clients.

We don't want to see the fake public feedback which he just post there to make us happy. 

We need to know the real opinion of the client for each work, to avoid bad clients and to improve the quality, 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
30 of 30

@Greg G wrote:

This is idiotic

My rate is $105/ hr.

Fix this 

You've posted this in 2 other places which is against the ToS here. Please just post once and in one place. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS