Did you mean: 

My job success rate was changed from 97% to 93%

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
11 of 30

@Javier M wrote:

@Scott E wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the JSS is calculated from the best result out of your stats over six months, one year or two years. I'm pretty sure scores are weighted by the dollar value of your projects as well... and you've got a job that paid about three times more than your average, which looks like it has just dropped out of your six month calulation. 

Could be a contributing factor.  

Hi Scott,

I do not think the dollar value of the projects is taken into account.

Is there any evidence that makes you think like that?

Kind regards,

Javi 

Yes. Replies from Valeria the moderator on many many many occassions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Javier M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
12 of 30

Care to provide a link?

(I am searching for it myself)

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
13 of 30

Elance do it that way with the star ratings, and I remember it being mentioned here as well at some point. Wouldn't have a clue where to find that info though. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
Highlighted
Community Guru
Iftikhar I Member Since: Mar 10, 2015
15 of 30

Mine was stable for few months but drops by 2% without doing any sin.

Someone said in the post why we only complain when it drops the answer is there should be some reason we know why it drops.

In my case I haven't do any sin but as I see information around may be I did something wrong before a year or two so I shut my mouth up.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
16 of 30

@Iftikhar I wrote:

Mine was stable for few months but drops by 2% without doing any sin.

Someone said in the post why we only complain when it drops the answer is there should be some reason we know why it drops.

In my case I haven't do any sin but as I see information around may be I did something wrong before a year or two so I shut my mouth up.

You don't have to commit any sins for your score to drop. It may be a bit different here, but the way points and levels worked on Elance... as it's a rolling period.... unless you had a higher award percentage, were awarded more jobs, at a higher amount and got better feedback in the current six months, than you did in the previous six months... then your score is going to drop. Well, it could stay exactly the same, but that's not likely. You need to be continually improving for your scores to increase. It may be different with the JSS but that's how it is on the Elance, anyway. 

It's not like Call of Duty where any poitns you get increase your overall XP. If your last game was worse than the previous game, then your score is going down. I think Halo used to do it that way.    

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
17 of 30

@Javier M wrote:

Care to provide a link?

Thanks

Just why would you need a link? Don't trust what people say?? 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Maria C Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
18 of 30

I understand Javier queries because it doesn't seem to work that way. I explain you:

In this 2-weeks period, I ended 3 contracts.

- 1 was a very abusive client who has even had the nerve to give a meh review and, of course, he didn't recommend me.

- 1 Good review + recommendation (according to stats)

- 1 Brilliant review + recommendation. I know this client personally and I am sure he talked so well about me.

This last contract was for a larger amount of money than the rest.

So, if you do the math, my JSS shouldn't have dropped, but it did. Better contracts don't seem to compensate.

I am sure that nobody knows how this really works in the end. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
19 of 30
JSS is not dollar weighted - insofar as how it affects 5* feedback, which is a part of the score.

So indirectly, but minor.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Javier M Member Since: Sep 16, 2015
20 of 30

@Jean S wrote:

@Javier M wrote:

Care to provide a link?

Thanks

Just why would you need a link? Don't trust what people say?? 

It depends on the authority I concede to the person.

We are discussing about a hidden algorithm of which everybody seems to have an opinion.

Providing a link like Ela did makes my trust in that person boost Smiley Happy (BTW everything coming from Setu is of my utmost interest). Challenging me because I asked for a link (in a polite was) does not Smiley Sad 

Anyway I can tell you I am interested in what moderators say on this topic but I do not trust the information in the sense that what has been conveyed to them may be quite different to the real algorithm. 

I am on IT and I have seen this happening quite often. Call me paranoid but JSS is hidden for a reason and I suspect (my opinion) it is not to avoid us playing the algorithm.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS