cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My job success score decreased to 96% without any reason?

Highlighted
Ahmad J Member Since: May 30, 2017
1 of 7

No contract is closed recently so why my job success score decreased without any reason? Any idea?

Thanks for help!

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
2 of 7

Can't see your profile. Smiley Happy

The usual suspects: has it been months since you had a job here and you're out of one of the windows now...do you have a contract that's very old with no activity...etc.

3 of 7

Profile is now public! I do have inactive contracts looks like I should talk to my client and end them immediately.

Community Guru
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
4 of 7

Yes. Politely contact your clients letting them know that you notice there has been no activity on the project in X months and would they please close the contract. End by saying it was a pleasure working with them.

If you don't hear back from your clients, close them yourself, but I'd wait maybe 2 or so weeks between closing each. There's no guarantee when you close a project yourself that the client will come back to lead feedback so it's best if the client closes it. But sometimes, if you haven't heard from a client in forever, you're just not going to, even after you re-contact him/her. So you need to then close projects yourself.

BTW, your JSS really is not bad at all.

As for falling out of one of the windows: JSS is calculated based on 3 different windows of time and whichever is the highest gives you your displayed JSS. But say your JSS had been calculated based on your past 2 years being your best, but now it's been longer than that, your new "2-year" calculation obviously no longer has that first, stellar FB that is now more than 2 years old, so that stellar FB has fallen out of that window, and perhaps since that time you experienced a couple/few less positive FB scores...now your "best" calculation may lower. Hope that makes sense. I'm not great at explaining JSS. Smiley Very Happy

Nina K Moderator Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
5 of 7

Hi Ahmad,

JSS can change due to a few different reasons including private feedback from a client as well as public feedback, a job falling out of the calculation window, inactive contracts. You can find some more information regarding changes in JSS by having a look at this article.

~Nina
Untitled
6 of 7

I do have inactive contracts, I didn't know it could affect my JSS. Also what do you mean by " a job falling out of the calculation window".

Thankyou!

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
7 of 7

Ahmad, you worked 100 hours on a job that ended in November. Maybe that job is no longer in the 6 month calculation window and doesn't count as a long-term client in your 6 month JSS, but I'm just guessing. The Job Success you see is either your Job Success for the last 6 months, 12 months, or 24 months, whichever is highest. So a job falls out of the 6 months calculation window if it ended more than 6 months ago.