🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My location is the US but I've been barred fr...
Page options
bakerm14
Community Member

My location is the US but I've been barred from applying to "US only" jobs for months.

I'm in the US, my location is set to US, and yet it won't let me apply to US only jobs because of my location. Or it says "the user will see that you are not in the US." I messaged Upwork about this months ago and they said it was fixed but it still isn't. I swear I've had nothing but technical problem after problem with this site and the help is severely lacking. Now with them raising rates I might just take my talents elsewhere because it's just not worth it for freelancers. Has anyone else had this specific problem and can help me?
1 REPLY 1
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Megan, 

I was unable to replicate your issue. If you can send me a private message with the job post link you are referring to, I will investigate this further. 

Please know that clients can specify location preferences when posting a job and in some cases make their job post available only to freelancers in certain locations - for example, specifying a specific city within a state. This will prevent clients from receiving proposals from freelancers outside their required area and prevent freelancers from wasting time and Connects submitting proposals for jobs they will not be considered for because they aren’t in the required location.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members