🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My money for last week that should have been ...
Page options
lysis10
Community Member

My money for last week that should have been released today has disappeared from reports

On July 15th I billed 30 mins at $145/hour. It's now neither in review nor available and it should be available. If the charge failed, I know how it works and I would be in a state for payment protection, but it's nowhere on my reports. It was there yesterday. I also would get notification that the contract is on hold if the charge failed, but even so the money would sit in pending if the charge failed.

This is a major bug, so please can I not get a canned answer. I know how the billing cycle works right down to what happens when the charge failed.

eta: Forgot to add that it's this contract https://www.upwork.com/nx/wm/workroom/30933898/overview  Check the timesheet for July 15th. The time is logged.

23 REPLIES 23
susanmccall
Community Member

I have the same issue!  I logged into Upwork just now to 'get paid', and my funds from the week of July 18th that had been pending are nowhere to be found.

Susan M wrote:

I have the same issue!  I logged into Upwork just now to 'get paid', and my funds from the week of July 18th that had been pending are nowhere to be found.

Well, Susan, this is a major ragefilled bug. Don't mess with the <profanity> money stuff <profanity> <profanity>. But if it's more than just me it's happening too, I feel happy that it will get more attention. 

I'm just hoping I don't get reminded of the weekly time schedule because this will make me rage more. I know that schedule inside and out and know what happens if the charge failed.

I know the schedule, too.  What I don't know is why Upwork continues to try and "improve" the system. So many changes that aren't necessarily user-friendly (for me)... If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Anyway, at this point, I'm just trying to keep calm. I have bills due soon that this money is allocated for, so not seeing my money available was cause for panic.  So glad you got a post going on this issue.  I just wish I had taken a screen shot of my earnings because the week of the 18th is nowhere to be found in any report.

I'm trusting Upwork to resolve this soon.

It's back now - check your Available Funds. 

lysis10
Community Member

Lisa B wrote:

It's back now - check your Available Funds. 

waaaah not mine! Well, both of you getting it back makes me a lot less nervous about this. Thanks for reporting it.

Mine is missing, too.  

lysis10
Community Member

Lisa B wrote:

Mine is missing, too.  

Welcome to the very terrible club of Upwork bugs affecting us this time in a major way. Fortunately, it's more than 1 person so hopefully it will be fixed. Since Susan suddenly got hers, I wonder if there was some delay in moving money over but I've seen that happen and it doesn't completely disappear from reports.

susanmccall
Community Member

Wow, my money is "Available" again.    I'm going to cash out quick in case something happens 😅

Susan M wrote:

Wow, my money is "Available" again.    I'm going to cash out quick in case something happens 😅

Mine is still missing but good for you. Sorry I called you "Sarah" in my first reply. I usually wake up and withdraw before coffee and was panicking and typing before coffee and I should never try to think at all before coffee! I can deal with any of these awful UI changes Upwork does but don't mess with the friggin money! Anywho, sorry about calling you the wrong name.

Jennifer M wrote:

Susan M wrote:

Mine is still missing but good for you. Sorry I called you "Sarah" in my first reply. I usually wake up and withdraw before coffee and was panicking and typing before coffee and I should never try to think at all before coffee! I can deal with any of these awful UI changes Upwork does but don't mess with the friggin money! Anywho, sorry about calling you the wrong name.

Right? I'm the same way, but no worries. It's all good Jennifer! 😊  Fun tidbit: my parents contemplated naming me Sarah, after I was born.  "Call me anything, just don't call me late for dinner." 

Keep me posted. I hope the issue is resolved for you soon!

lysis10
Community Member

bump...

Upwork, money disappeared from reports. Others are reporting the same. Can you at least tell us that you are working on it? You know about it? It's money Upwork not some complaint about the UI or getting scammed. I posted this like 2 hours ago.

AndreaG

Hi Jennifer,

I'm sorry to hear this is happening. I checked your account on my end and I am able to see the funds you're referring to in the Available tab. Could you please check again and maybe clear cache and cookies as well? If you're still unable to see the funds there or in Settings > Get Paid, please send a screenshot so we could document the issue and investigate further.

~Andrea
Upwork
lysis10
Community Member

oooh it's there now. Thanks!

Julie, thanks for the thread link! I didn't even know that forum existed. lol I looked here and didn't see anything and posted. I'll go through that thread. Seems to be an ongoing issue. -_-

data_divas
Community Member

There is a thread in Support about this, the work around is to click on "Verified Payment Methods" and then you can click Get Paid from there.  The money is there, it's just not showing as Available.

data_divas
Community Member
f186651e
Community Member

I need immediate help with this!

I was counting on this money to cover some personal bills this weekend.

Last week´s billing from the hourly-based contracts has disappeared completely from the MY REPORTS tab. But I can see them reflected on my "Billings & Earnings" tab.

WTF!!?

I was waiting to cashout that money today.

Thoughts?

mlceron
Community Member

The same happened to me! 😰 The amount I billed in my hourly contracts last week doesn't show in the Reports tab. Upwork, fix this please.

ericaandrews
Community Member

I had a similar weird issue this morning.  I never got my normal Friday notification and email that my weekly payment was available, and when I logged in it said $0.00 available (after the money completed the 'review').  HOWEVER, when I went to 'my jobs' and 'get paid', the money was there and I was able to withdraw it.   Must be a bug.   If I were you, I would go check the 'get paid' area anyways

36098d01
Community Member

Hello, Upwork Team,

I hope you are doing well.

I am facing a serious issue with my account, I was having $600 in the review section, and today I was expecting that payment into my account, but suddenly that amount has disappeared from that TAB, without any notification or alert.

Please, check my account and take care of it on high priority if it's a scam to protect the other freelancers ASAP.

I am a top-rated plus freelancer and the first time I am facing this issue. 

Thank you.

Kamran M.

lysis10
Community Member

hello! I panicked this morning over this too! The answer (thanks to Julie for this) is to go into the get paid screen and it's there.

f186651e
Community Member

YEEEEEEEEEEEES! This is 100% accurate and I was able to withdraw the money.

36098d01
Community Member

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your response. How I can contact with Julie for this issue...?

Thank you.

36098d01
Community Member

Jennifer,

Thank you for your guidance, Now I have received the notification and the balance as well.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members