🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My money paid by client was suspended because...
Page options
fadelalaa
Community Member

My money paid by client was suspended because upwork suspended his contract.

Hi, it's been 4 days ago my client paid me $700 for work done. 

He sent the money as a bonus by an hourly contract!
Before the money could get to me, Upwork suspended his account thereby suspending my money. and Upwork didn't locate a time for money release...
I don't know what's happening between the client and Upwork. It's not my business. All I want is my money, can't Upwork release it?
So it means if the client never gets relieved from the suspension, my money will never be paid?
Who pays me then?
Should I just let go?

HELP PLEASE!!

6 REPLIES 6
9bc15fce
Community Member

Hi buddy, There might be some Fraudulence transcation, which won't be given, as it might be mentioned in their policy about that, but again, it might be a case.

Hope your issue get resolved soon. I couldn't seem to delete this reply, but don't mind me much til moderator reviews your problem.

Thanks for your response, so you think that the money will not get back to me? Why does it appear on my profile though? I mean in the "total earnings" column!! 

bobafett999
Community Member

If it was and hourly contract and time logged using time tracker with meaningful memos and activity level you may get paid by upwork

He paid the money as a bonus. They were the expenses of part of the job and not by the tracker.

m_terrazas
Community Member

Fadel A wrote:

Hi, it's been 4 days ago my client paid me $700 for work done. 

He sent the money as a bonus by an hourly contract!
Before the money could get to me, Upwork suspended his account thereby suspending my money. and Upwork didn't locate a time for money release...
I don't know what's happening between the client and Upwork. It's not my business. All I want is my money, can't Upwork release it?
So it means if the client never gets relieved from the suspension, my money will never be paid?
Who pays me then?
Should I just let go?

HELP PLEASE!!

An hourly job is protected by Upwork as long as you have used the Time tracker correctly.
Manual hours are not protected at all. If the client decides not to pay them, you have nothing to do.
Paying for a job through a bonus is also not a good way to do it. First, because, in my opinion, it would only be used as a "gift" from the client for a good job or to solve a payment problem. And second, the bonds are also not protected.

I don't know what the actual job would be, but I'm curious, why if your hourly rate is $15, have you charged the client almost three times more than that?

He paid the money as a bonus. They were the expenses of part of the job and not by the tracker. So, the money is not protected by Upwork in this case?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members