🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My money paid by client was suspended because...
Page options
achareorock
Community Member

My money paid by client was suspended because upwork suspended his contract.

Hi, its been a week ago my client paid me $133 for work done.
Before the money could get to me, upwork suspended his account thereby suspending my money.
I dont know whats happening between the client and upwork. Its not my business. All i want is my money, cant upwork release it?
So it means if the client never gets relieve from the suspension, my money will never be paid?
Who pays me then?
This issue has been lasting for more than a week now.
Should i just let go?
18 REPLIES 18
jr-translation
Community Member

Achare ashurock J wrote:
Hi, its been a week ago my client paid me $133 for work done.
Before the money could get to me, upwork suspended his account thereby suspending my money.
I dont know whats happening between the client and upwork. Its not my business. All i want is my money, cant upwork release it? No, because Upwork does not have the money
So it means if the client never gets relieve from the suspension, my money will never be paid? Jepp
Who pays me then? No one
This issue has been lasting for more than a week now.
Should i just let go? Yes

Seriously!!!?
I thought the client is being charged before i can get any payment message.
Never knew i get a payment message before he is being charged?
**bleep**!
Whatever.

I think you'll find that the reason why you can't withdraw your funds is because your account is suspended, not because your clients' accounts are suspended....

Thats not true.
You guys are wrong.
The account just got reactivated like 4 minutes after i had to complain.
And it seems my funds have been released.
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Achare,

While I'm not sure about the exact contract, I can see that you have 2 contracts that are on hold at the moment and all of the milestones were already paid.
To view in what stage your funds are, go to Reports > Overview. When your payment request on fixed-price contract is approved the funds will become available to you after our 5 days security period. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
achareorock
Community Member

Cant receive earnings because clients account is on hold. What should i do now?

Hi Achare,

Could you please send me a private message with the contract ID so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hey Aleksander;

**Edited for Community Guidelines** (my client)had already released the payment for 1st milestone & I had received the payment from him ( as I received the Upwork email as payment proof as well)but even after 5 days payment was not available for withdrawal. After that upwork put a hold on my contract with **Edited for Community Guidelines** coz his account is suspended temporarily but before putting a hold they should transfer the payment of 1st milestone to my account so I can withdraw it...but why it wasn't? even after 5 days & now it's been more than 10 days or nearly 2 weeks..Kindly resolve the issue..I need to withdraw my payment

**Edited for Community Guidelines** 

Hi Minahil

I am sorry to hear about your contract. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here . Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi pradeep ! Thanks for replying..I hope you have understood my trouble.

1st milestone was completed successfully , I had sent the article link ,client had released the payment.I received email of receiving payment as well to save as proof..But even after 5 days payment was not available for withdrawal.. And suddenly upwork suspended my client's account..Its okay if upwork don't want me to continue work with that client if there is any issue...But upwork should transfer my funds of 1st milestone in my account so I can make a withdraw....Its so frustrating..I want this issue to be resolved soon..I have sent the screenshots of receiving payment as a proof as well..Thanks

Hi Minhil,

I understand your concern. I checked the job you are referring to and noticed that the client's payment was not successful. We were unable to charge the client's card for the payment issued to you. Due to this, we had to pause your contract while we investigate the client's account. I will be unable to discuss further on other user's accounts on the public forum for confidentiality purposes. One of our team members will reach out to you soon via the support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep! How's it possible? I got the email from Upwork that you have received the payment of 605$ and keep it as proof...And I have sent him the work done, so I am going to get nothing in return?..it was upwork responsibility...Well, hopefully someone reach me soon. Thanks

Moreover, the question arises! If Upwork was unable to charge the client, why did they send me an email already that you have received payment( secure it as proof)...And if Upwork was unable to charge him why they don't ask me to stop working...after the 5-day release of payment, Upwork suddenly suspended his account. That's not fair at all. I have delivered the work, I got the email of receiving payment. So I want it. Hopefully, Upwork will resolve it without further delays..coz it's frustrating and making me stressed.

And yes, even it's shown on my contract (received:605$)...then where does this amount vanished?... I need my money..this issue really affecting my mental health, its needs to be sorted out fast so I can withdraw my funds.

mhanabil
Community Member

Hey Achare,
Did they make a solution for you? coz I have been through the same case as you!

Hi Maha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked your account and can't see the contract wherein the client was suspended and the payment was put on hold. Could you please provide the contract ID number for this?

~ AJ
Upwork
9d9d5056
Community Member

did anyone find any solutions to this issue? I got sent a bonus payment from my client and it has been 5 days since he issued the payment, but now when I went to view "My Jobs" and it says his account is suspended and being reviewed. Is there any chance I see that money or have I been scammed here? The funds are still showing pending I just am unsure if they will ever be withdrawable

Did this "job" involve buying crypto for someone? How much was the bonus payment for?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members