🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My name change request was not approved
Page options
lalafilms
Community Member

My name change request was not approved

Good evening 

I need to change my name because I need to verify my ID in Upwork and I initially started Upwork with my nickname and I need my actual name to be able to be verified. Please I need help with this process beacuse Upwork is not accepting my name change, Thank you. 

**Edited for community guidelines**

6 REPLIES 6
michael_skaggs
Community Member

Congratulations. You have just announced that you signed up under a name that was not your legal name, and you did so while submitting personal information to a public forum.

Flagged for mods to look into.

You know for someone who is suppose to be a Guru in the forum you are very sarcastic and rude, no help at all. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lala,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable.

I checked this for you and your name change request is under review currently. Once review is completed, our team will update you directly about the status of your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
43c90ddd
Community Member

Hi! Bojan, My question is how do I change my verified name?

When I first created my Upwork account I used my nickname 'Ain Khan' instead of my full name 'Muhammad Ali'. I changed that soon after but only on my Contact info (settings). When I went to add the "Payment Method" unable to add he show me " beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account". How can I change this? Thank you.

Hi Ain,

Thank you for your message. I took a closer look at your account and I can confirm that the name mismatch has been cleared. Your payment method should be active after the three-day security period. Let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
43c90ddd
Community Member

Hi Arjay,
Thanks for being so quick and kind, I will wait for payment method approval, if it won't be approved, I will be back.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members