🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My payment account name does not match yo...
Page options
growmyretail
Community Member

My payment account name does not match your name on Upwork

Hi! 
As the title says. and in screenshot added

Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork 

How can I overcome this? The bank account is in my name, but I am guessing it has to do with the middle names and so on? How Can I  'convince' UpWork that it is in my name? 
I am willing to send a statement, but I already did that before. So now the system denies it because my middle names are not always mentioned everywhere on every document but in this case they are, and sometimes shortened and sometimes left out, or sometimes not at all. (I have 2 middle names)

Because I started a week ago, and already got my first completed job, and 2 in the running with an interview. So I would like to see my payment on my bank account.

Thanks!
64 REPLIES 64
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Pieter,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My paypal account name is exactly the same as my upwork account name, yet upwork says that it isn't a match. Please help me ASAP because I can't receive the payment from my client. Thanks.

Hello Mark,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

Hello,

Please help, same concern as my Upwork name and my Paypal name both are Aya Megahed. I don't see the problem here but it says names doesn't match. 

Hello,

I have the same concern. It says names don't match on Upwork and Paypal but they are both Aya Megahed. Please help. Thanks. 

Hi Aya,

I have escalated your case to the appropriate team and you should be getting an update via a support ticket with assistance on how to clear the name mismatch on your account. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Help! Same concern.

Hi Zaira,

In order to be able to add a payment method, it needs to be issued on your name or your name to be listed as a beneficiary name. 

Please keep in mind that your Upwork name needs to be your full legal name as well. To learn more about our accepted payment methods and how to add one, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

My paypal account name is exactly the same as my upwork account name, yet upwork says that it isn't a match.

Hi Zaira,

Please keep in mind that once you add a new payment method it will take 3 days for the verification to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi

I received a notification with same concern, stating Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork. The bank details and my name in Upwork is just the same.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi Reina Anne,

Please allow our team time to review. If our team requires more information from you, they will reach out to you directly. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi having same issue with my company profile. 

Thank you 

Hi Lakshman,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your concern with our team and your name mismatch is now approved. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
1ac93275
Community Member

My payment method is saying mismatched (mpesa)when trying to withdraw,yet my ID name,payment account name and up work account are one.
Kindly help!

How did you fix yours? I have the same problem as well

Hi Bendee,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you removed the payment method that caused the name mismatch notification. Please add your payment method again and allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Please know that to set up payment to your bank or payment account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. The listed name on the account must match your verified name on Upwork.

Additionally, I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
masa_mkp
Community Member

Zajeta slika.pngHi,
I have been using UpWork for ages, I never had any problem. I also didnt change bank or bank account. So, where is the problem?  Maybe in my name? I am Maša, but I had to write it Masa.  "Š" letter was not allowed to write there.

Please let me know what I can do. Thank you!

Maša Kores

Hi Masa,

Our team will approve your payment method shortly and you will be able to use it, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Great.  Thank You.
And the payment I got paid 1 day ago.. will i received it anyway?
What was wrong with my name anyway? I dont know where it didnt match?

Maša Kores

Hi Goran and thank You for Your fast reply.
Will I still receive some small amount of payment that has been transfered yesterday?

Hi Masa,

Yes you will receive your earnings after our 5 days security period has finished. To view in what stage your funds are, go to Reports > Overview. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sharonhurt18
Community Member

same happened to me. can someone help us. please

Hi Sharon,

Please allow up to 3 days for verification on your payment method to be completed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I got the same notification as well, and an email which says 'Please re-submit your taxpayerinformation for VAT'. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but as far as I can see I filled in everything as I should. Can somebody help me as well? Thank you. 

Hi Kim,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I am working on upwork for several years. Payments were routed to my local banking account every month. I did not change anything, but now there is an issue with my name?

If there is a problem why don't you contact me to solve it? Please let an agent check the issue and let me know what you need to enable pay-outs. Thank you.

Hi Lars,

Our team will update your payment method as well and you will be able to withdraw your funds, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
i_schmitt
Community Member

Same happened to me. Please help

Hi Ines,

The name mismatch on your account has been cleared.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

Remove the bank details attached to your account and then change your
profile name, make sure it is the same with your bank account name and then
re-added the bank details.
a_badr_eldin
Community Member

The same issue for me, and the support doesn't answer

Hi Ahmed,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
163dbcd9
Community Member

Hi,
I have been using Upwork for ages, I am Aytaç.  "ç" letter was not allowed to write in payment methods. if i set to "Aytac", so it was mismatched error. Because my wise account name is "Aytaç". 

Please let me know what I can do.

Thank you!

Hi Aytaç, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like you removed the payment method you are referring to. Please try to add your payment method again. Our team will review your name mismatch within the next 48 hours and update you directly if they need any additional information. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
m4str0k
Community Member

Same Issue, been withdrawing to my payoneer and to my local bank account for years, first time i face this issue. I already have a ticket open for it. would be great if you can speed up things for me.. thanks.

Hi Amr,

I have reached out to the team handling your case and I'm pleased to inform you that the name mismatch on your account has been cleared. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

~ Arjay
Upwork
m4str0k
Community Member

Thank you so much Arjay for your quick response! my issue has been resolved!

2927f498
Community Member

Hi Arjay,

My payment method is deactivated because my bank account name doesnt match my Upwork account name. Upwork doesnt allow its users to only use 1 name both on the payment method and the Upwork account name, so I had to put both my first names on the payment method and my family name as the last name on Upwork account. Could you please help me solve this?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths