🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My payment account name does not match your n...
Page options
growmyretail
Community Member

My payment account name does not match your name on Upwork

Hi! 
As the title says. and in screenshot added

Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork 

How can I overcome this? The bank account is in my name, but I am guessing it has to do with the middle names and so on? How Can I  'convince' UpWork that it is in my name? 
I am willing to send a statement, but I already did that before. So now the system denies it because my middle names are not always mentioned everywhere on every document but in this case they are, and sometimes shortened and sometimes left out, or sometimes not at all. (I have 2 middle names)

Because I started a week ago, and already got my first completed job, and 2 in the running with an interview. So I would like to see my payment on my bank account.

Thanks!
64 REPLIES 64

Hello Mariani,

I checked, and there's no longer a mismatch between your payment method and your name on Upwork. However, you have not completed your Form W-8BEN, which is why your payment method is inactive. You may want to go to your Tax Information page from your account settings so that you can update all of your information accordingly.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
digioussolutions
Community Member

Hello Pieter B,
Hope you are doing great! 
I'm also an Upwork freelancer, I faced the same problem when I'm starting my journey on Upwork.
Then I contacted Upwork and they resolved my problem. So, don't worry they will help you for sure.

Have a Good Day!

Thanks & Regards,
Shameel Arif | Professional Web Developer
91c67d76
Community Member

I received the message and the letter (in the attached image):
Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork
I need help, how to solve it?

screenshot_1664886655.png

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

  

Hi James, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like your name mismatch is now approved. Could you please confirm if you need further assistance? 

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. Your profile photo should be a clear, headshot-style photo of you which is cropped from the top of your head, and just below your shoulders, and -

• you are not wearing sunglasses in the photo;
  • it is not a logo or clip-art;
  • it is not a group photo; 
  • the photo was not digitally-altered 

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile photo. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
5670f92d
Community Member

HI! I have the same probleme( my name in upwork accoun and payment method the same, but have error(

Hi Marina,

Thank you for reaching out. I can see that you've already raised a support ticket regarding your concern. You can access your support tickets here. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
5670f92d
Community Member

my account has already been checked for 4 days, although it is indicated
that the check is within 24 hours. There is a war in my country and I
really need money, I didn’t sleep at night to do the work ahead of time and
get paid, but for 10 days I can’t figure out how to do it

Hi Marina,

Apologies for the delay as our support teams are currently experiencing a higher number of contacts than usual. However,  it looks like one of the members has reached out to you today with instructions on how to resolve the issue. Feel free to coordinate with the team on this page so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork
8dce1517
Community Member

Hello. I'm having the same problem and I don't know what to do. My upwork name and the name in my bank details are exactly the same, but it still tells me that there is a mismatch and that it's been deactivated. I don't have any other payment methods I can use so please fix this ASAP.

Hi Harini,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method is active now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
younasammar
Community Member

Hello i am having same problem, My upwork name and wise name is same, but o am getting name mismatch issue. Please help.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork
berikbol_dauir
Community Member

Hello! I have the same problem, Berikbol Dauir its me. But upwork cant approve it. I got the same name on Paypal. I get paid 1 year ago. And now nothing changed, but Upwork says about missmatch, can you help me?

Hi Berikbol,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

OOOOhhhh thank you soooo much!!!!

c1cf36ca
Community Member

I have the same issue. I need help ASAP. thank you

Hi Tricia Ann,

I can see you no longer have a name mismatch on your end. However, I can see that you're missing your Tax identification number from your Tax Information. You must complete that before you can withdraw your earnings. Feel free to check this help article to learn more.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
4b0bf60c
Community Member

I am facing the same issue, my name on my local bank account and Upwork is the same "Alishah Mughal" Still, the payment methods are declining again and again. 

Hi Alishah,

Thank you for your message. I have followed up with the team handling your account and I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been approved now. For security reasons, you can initiate a withdrawal only after 3 days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
d32dc746
Community Member

Hello everyone!

I have requested to adjust my name to match my bank account, though after my name was approved I tried to add payment method and I still see the following warring! 

Not sure what is the problem here? Can you please assist me with this? Thank you.

Kind regards.

Hi Faeour,

I see you just removed the payment method you're referring to. You may add your preferred payment method, and rest assured that the team will reach out with more information and further assistance if a name mismatch is identified.

~ Arjay
Upwork
c2d2e1a5
Community Member

I was having the same issue, and discovered I hadn't changed my info after I got married. I fixed it, but I'm STILL getting the same error. The 'help' page says someone will reach out to me, but no one has. Getting a bit frustrated here.

Hi Michaeli,

I checked with the relevant team on our end and can confirm you should no longer see this error on your end. Your payment method is now going through a security verification process and should become active in 3 days.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
67ab562f
Community Member

I have the same problem. My Turkish name involves special characters like ü. Upwork site doesn't let me enter my normal name but my bank account name is in Turkish so now its mismatch. Can you help me? 

Hi Serkan,

I see that your payment method is already accepted and will be active after 3 days.

- Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths