🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My payment was refunded !!!
Page options
verolm
Community Member

My payment was refunded !!!

I urgently need to solve this problem! I am supposed to receive my payment today and when I enter to the Transcation History section it says that it was refunded, I need that money, I don't know what to do, please someone help me !!!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Veronica L wrote:

And is there no way for you (Upwork) to get in touch with him?

Upwork will have tried several times. But unless the client comes back and pays, that's it.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Veronica,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your funds. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran! Thanks for your answer, I look forward to the message from the Upwork team to solve this problem, because the truth is that I need that money.

petra_r
Community Member

Veronica L wrote:

Hi Goran! Thanks for your answer, I look forward to the message from the Upwork team to solve this problem, because the truth is that I need that money.

That almost invariably means that the client failed to pay for your hours and your hours were not tracked in accordance with the terms of Upwork's hourly protection. 

That's from the contract that was suspended, right? That suspension was because the client had not paid... Did you use the tracker to track your time, had meaningful work memos on the screenshots, good activity levels etc?

verolm
Community Member

Yes, the work is the one I have suspended. I put the hours I worked in Upwork manually, But I always specified in the notes what I did in those hours, I will send screenshots so you can see and help me. Apart from that, I have written to the client but he does not answer me, what bothers me most is that the work is already done mostly and there are still hours to upload to Upwork.

I only used a portion of the hours with the Upwork app, but I don't like using the app because I feel like I don't work as efficiently as I should. There must be some solution to this problem

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

petra_r
Community Member

Veronica L wrote:

Yes, the work is the one I have suspended. I put the hours I worked in Upwork manually, .

Then unless your client appears again and pays you as a bonus, you won't get paid unfortunately. The client didn't pay for any of the hours and Upwork will only pay you out of their own pocket for hours you tracked correctly and for which you used to tracker strictly as per the terms of the hourly protection. You are warned every time you add manual time that it means you forfeit the protection.

warning.png

You also won't be able to add any further hours unless the client comes back and pays Upwork.

verolm
Community Member

petra_r
Community Member

Veronica L wrote:

Upwork will have tried several times. But unless the client comes back and pays, that's it.

verolm
Community Member

Well thanks petra for your time

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths