🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My problem was not solved but got closed with...
Page options
30a9dafe
Community Member

My problem was not solved but got closed with a solved status

I gave a request and sent my problem to UpworkSupport and it got closed status without an answer.

Please help,

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have initiated multiple requests on the same inquiry due to which your previous request was closed and merged to this support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

What is your problem or question?

The client said that they can only pay me outside Upwork and that I would have to pay them a registration fee. It was like, to have the job, I was to cut all ties with Upwork.

This is the problem that I posted but somehow it got a 'solved status' without any response, but now I have my ticket to contact the Helpdesk.

Thank you. 

tlbp
Community Member

Michael H wrote:

The client said that they can only pay me outside Upwork and that I would have to pay them a registration fee. It was like, to have the job, I was to cut all ties with Upwork.

This is the problem that I posted but somehow it got a 'solved status' without any response, but now I have my ticket to contact the Helpdesk.

Thank you. 

This client is a scammer. If the job is still listed, you can flag it as inappropriate and then stop communicating with them.

Read the resources found in this thread, https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/td-p/264214/jump-to/first-un...

Also, search "freelancer scams" using your internet browser. Get familiar with the common scams so that you can avoid them. 

Some basics:

• Scammers will sometimes spend a lot of time "interviewing" you so that you are invested in saying yes. 
  • They want to use alternative means of communication when interviewing so there's no record of what they said 
  • They may ask you to accept a check or package sent to you or to pay them a "security" fee to begin working
PradeepH

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have initiated multiple requests on the same inquiry due to which your previous request was closed and merged to this support ticket. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on your support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Thank you so much.

re: "The client said that they can only pay me outside Upwork and that I would have to pay them a registration fee. It was like, to have the job, I was to cut all ties with Upwork."

Nothing about this situation requires help from Upwork Customer Support.

I explain briefly to the client that all payments will need to go through Upwork.

Then... if the client doesn't hire me using an official Upwork contract, I use the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page to report the client.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members