🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My profile doesn't show up when I search ...
Page options
jobooth
Community Member

My profile doesn't show up when I search my name or headline

Hi All

I joinded Upwork a couple of weeks ago and when I try and search for my profile as a potentail client would searching for a 'sportswear designer' my profile does not show up.  Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Jo

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jo,

Freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. Additionally searches from a client profile and a freelancer profile are not the same.

I searched your profile with a few different variations from a client profile and was able to find your profile on the 2 and 7th page in the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "My profile doesn't show up when I search my name or headline"

Yes, that's what most of us discover within the first few weeks of being on Upwork. It doesn't work like Google or other search engines we are accustomed to. What you are seeing is normal.

Ok perfect, thanks very much for the reply
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Jo,

Freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. Additionally searches from a client profile and a freelancer profile are not the same.

I searched your profile with a few different variations from a client profile and was able to find your profile on the 2 and 7th page in the results. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
matt_it_grow
Community Member

Jo B wrote:

Hi All

I joinded Upwork a couple of weeks ago and when I try and search for my profile as a potentail client would searching for a 'sportswear designer' my profile does not show up.  Any help much appreciated.

Cheers Jo

Why search for yourself? Are you lost...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members