🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My profile don't show in search
Page options
olutosin95o
Community Member

My profile don't show in search

Hello, I have on multiple time try to search for freelancers in my job niche using a separate browser and laptop to see if my profile will be shown if a new client searches for my keyword or tag, but even after many trials my profile was never shown. Please how do I fix this, I believe I'm losing out as a majority of the client in my niche would rather message and work with a freelancer privately instead of posting their job out there for everyone to see.
Is it because of my 71% Job success rate? Please enlighten me I need to get back up to that search.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Samuel O wrote:

Hello, I have on multiple time try to search for freelancers in my job niche using a separate browser and laptop to see if my profile will be shown if a new client searches for my keyword or tag, but even after many trials my profile was never shown. Please how do I fix this, I believe I'm losing out as a majority of the client in my niche would rather message and work with a freelancer privately instead of posting their job out there for everyone to see.
Is it because of my 71% Job success rate? Please enlighten me I need to get back up to that search.

Search results are rotated, and yes, obviously freelancers with a very low (under 75%) JSS won't often (if ever) be shown high in the results. So you need to forget about appearing in searches until you have fixed your JSS, which won't take that long if future jobs are completed successfully, because you have so few, so a few more jobs will (if successful) get you back on track.

You also need to change your profile picture to a real photo.

Thanks Patra,

The thing is I seem not to understand how the Job success rating works because I've actually completed all my previous jobs successfully so I feel it should be a 100%, please help me answer the following to clarify issues.

1. If I get an offer and I don't accept it, will it drop the rating? 

2. If I accept an offer and later cancel it, will it drop the rating? 

3. If I complete a job and the buyer doesn't give feedback, will it drop the rating?

4. If a buyer gives less than a 5 star review, will it also drop the rating?

Thanks

Samuel O wrote:

1. If I get an offer and I don't accept it, will it drop the rating? 

2. If I accept an offer and later cancel it, will it drop the rating? 

3. If I complete a job and the buyer doesn't give feedback, will it drop the rating?

4. If a buyer gives less than a 5 star review, will it also drop the rating?

1. No

2. Yes (If you cancel a contract with nothing paid and no or poor private feedback it hits your JSS hard)

3. No, not if you were paid and don't have too many.

4. Possibly, depends on the rating and the private feedback which mainly affects the JSS.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members