🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My profile is not showing in US only free...
Page options
unsqaushed
Community Member

My profile is not showing in US only freelancer search result

Hi people, 

I did a complete overhaul of my profile yesterday. I optimized it so as it can look more appealing to clients. 

But after I was done, I tried searching for my profile with the US only freelancer option toggled on. But to some reason not known to me, my profile is nowhere to be found. What might be causing this issue? I have been visible on search results before and I seriously don't understand. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Usman,

Please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. 

I searched for your profile and was able to locate it. Our team has also reached out to you via ticket with more information as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
petra_r
Community Member

Usman S wrote:

Hi people, 

I did a complete overhaul of my profile yesterday. I optimized it so as it can look more appealing to clients. 

I would strongly suggest you rethink that. I have no idea what it looked like before, but other than the fact that you need to proofread it, and lose "Yo, wait up," (shudder!) it's about 4 times too long and mostly meaningless drivel, (the word "jerk" in connection with potential clients is breathtakingly unprofessional)

Thanks Petra, 

I've made some changes to it now. I will proofread it more carefully later during the day. 

I appreciate your concern. 

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Usman,

Please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are showed on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. 

I searched for your profile and was able to locate it. Our team has also reached out to you via ticket with more information as well. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
dzadza
Community Member

Usman S wrote:

Hi people, 

But after I was done, I tried searching for my profile with the US only freelancer option toggled on. But to some reason not known to me, my profile is nowhere to be found. What might be causing this issue? I have been visible on search results before and I seriously don't understand. 

Maybe you  should try with US only toggled off?

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Usman S wrote:

Hi people, 

Î don't know why you expect to show up in a US freelancer only option when you don't live in the US?

Thanks, Martina for your concern. Upwork allows you to travel the world and be able to work at the same time. Because I freelance on Upwork doesn't mean I must always access my account from a single country.

I already solved the issue and a customer service representative has reached out to me as regards what could be causing the glitch. And again, thank you for your concern I truly appreciate it. 

Regards,

Usman.  

Usman S wrote:

Thanks, Martina for your concern. Upwork allows you to travel the world and be able to work at the same time. Because I freelance on Upwork doesn't mean I must always access my account from a single country.

I already solved the issue and a customer service representative has reached out to me as regards what could be causing the glitch. And again, thank you for your concern I truly appreciate it. 

Regards,

Usman.  

Very welcome! Just don't forget that the US - the country you travel for work to - is very strict about people not working on a tourist or similar visa. Nowadays they even check your social media for anything hinting at work. 

I understand your point. I'm sure not doing anything that can implicate me or my freelance work here on Upwork. Thanks for your concern as always. 

Usman,

Perhaps, it would be nice if you removed the link to Behance from your portfolio.
You can send it with the proposals, but not add it to your description or portfolio.

Hi Maria, 

Thank you for the advice. I've removed the Behance link from all of my portfolio pieces. Sincerely I didn't know it could be a problem moving forward until I checked a community post regarding the issue. Once again thank you for your kind words and advice. 

Regards, 

Usman.  

You're welcome!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths