cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My profile is not shown when I type my name and search from the Freelancer drop down.

Highlighted
Sourav S Member Since: Nov 8, 2016
1 of 6

My profile is not shown when I type my name and search from the Freelancer drop down. My profile is currently public.

Please help.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
2 of 6

Hi Sourav, 

Results vary depending on the type of profile used to conduct the search, since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients will always get a different search result for the same keyword/filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 6

@Avery O wrote:

Hi Sourav, 

Results vary depending on the type of profile used to conduct the search, since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients will always get a different search result for the same keyword/filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancers are regularly rotated in search results and the order the profiles are displayed in will change every couple of weeks.

"Rotation" is fine, but some people seem to have dropped off the list completely (see the post from Timothy) Rotation means people sometimes appear higher in the list and sometimes lower in the list. It does not (or should not) mean people are simply excluded from the list altogether, especially top rated ones with 100% JSS.

Sourav too does <NOT> appear in search results when filtering down in a way which would HAVE to bring him up.

There seems to be a bug.

Highlighted
4 of 6

Petra you're correct. I am completely dropped off. I am searching with my name "Sourav Sen" or "Sourav S" but I am not shown at all. Previously I was shown. When you search with my name "Sourav Sen" only 4 people were shown and I was one of them. Now I am not shown at all.

Avery please help. Do I need to open up a Ticket for this?

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 6

Hi Sourav,

Our team will investigate this further and once the investigation is finished they will reach out to you via ticket with more details. Thank you!

Untitled
Highlighted
6 of 6

Thank you for the quick response Goran. Thank you very much.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS