🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My profile not showing in search result even ...
Page options
iamsiraj
Community Member

My profile not showing in search result even though my profile visibility is PUBLIC

Hi,

I tried to search my profile on Upwork, I asked one of my friends to search for me with my name and even username "iamsiraj", I did all the filters but to my surprise, I wasn't listed even on the second page (there was only two pages of search results). 

Can someone please guide me on why this is happening or how to resolve this? I have a "Rising Talent" badge but haven't earned anything yet on Upwork, can this be the reason? I don't know.

Best Regards,

Muhammad S.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Martina is correct, you don't find your account on the marketplace by using your name or user ID. Remember, your full name isn't displayed, your name appears as Muhammad S.

Also, it is worth noting that clients do not search for names in the marketplace unless they have worked with you before. But that's still unlikely because if you've had a past contract, they can just easily reach out via message center.

In general, various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.
Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

~ AJ
Upwork

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You can't be found by name. Give your friends your profile link, they will be able to access it. 

Your profile is public, it can be found like anybody else's.

759e32fa

Hi Muhammad,

Martina is correct, you don't find your account on the marketplace by using your name or user ID. Remember, your full name isn't displayed, your name appears as Muhammad S.

Also, it is worth noting that clients do not search for names in the marketplace unless they have worked with you before. But that's still unlikely because if you've had a past contract, they can just easily reach out via message center.

In general, various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.
Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

Muhammad S:

Don't search for yourself.

That is a rabbit hole that provides no benefit.

iamsiraj
Community Member

Thank you for the replies! 

black_note
Community Member

Hey, I recently changed my account from private to public. Yet my account is not being displayed when I searched it with my account and other peoples account. I don't know why this is. Can anyone help me?

b7fe3ae3
Community Member

Dear Team!

My Rising Talent Not showing Public. Please solve this problem 

Hi Mishal,

I tried but wasn’t able to replicate the issue you’re describing. I am able to see your Rising Talent badge on the public view of your profile. Could you please try using a different browser or the incognito mode of your current browser? You may also try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. Also note that we only officially support the latest two versions of Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members