🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My profile rating has worsened since the cont...
Page options
andrey_momotok
Community Member

My profile rating has worsened since the contract was successfully closed.

Hello.
My profile rating has worsened since the last contract was closed.
The contract was successfully closed, but the overall profile rating decreased by 15%. The customer left a good review and rated it 5 stars.

Also, the information on the number of invitations for the last 90 days for more than 2 weeks is not updated on my statistics page. Although during this time there were invitations.

Please tell me, can there be an error in the calculation JSS?
Since this greatly spoils the reputation of my profile.

Thank you in advance for your time and attention to my problem!

Sincerely,
Andrii

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Andrii M wrote:

My profile rating has worsened since the last contract was closed.
The contract was successfully closed, but the overall profile rating decreased by 15%. The customer left a good review and rated it 5 stars.

The public feedback and stars mean very little as far as the JSS is concerned.

The private feedback is what really matters. Also, sometimes we need to understand the real meaning behind a feedback.

When a client says in public "Freelancer knows the basics of XYZ well and is eager to do good work" that actually means "The freelancer doesn't know XYZ very well at all, and whilst he tries hard, he does not succeed and the end result is not good"

Hello Petra.
I understand that private feedback is important.

How can you say what this really means?
I have been using Figma in all my projects over the past two years.
It was a fairly simple task that I successfully completed. Moreover, more than was originally required.

You have not answered my question.

Andrii M wrote:

How can you say what this really means?

If nothing else happened between the 2nd and 16th of February, that's all it could have been...

What is your overall private feedback percentage (your "clients who would recommend you" on your "My Stats" page?)

Hello Petra.
I have attached a screenshot as an example.
Clients who would recommend me (60%).

I just don’t understand what kind of private feedback the client could indicate so that the rating would drop from 90 to 75%.

Is there a probability that the client intentionally decided to spoil my rating? And what to do in this case?

Thank you in advance for your time and attention to my problem!

Andrii M wrote:

Clients who would recommend me (60%).

I just don’t understand what kind of private feedback the client could indicate so that the rating would drop from 90 to 75%.

You don't have many contracts in your calculation windows, and your overall private feedback percentage is very, very poor.

That means that yes, one contract with poor private feedback will easily get you from 90% to 75% - when the baseline overall is 60% ...

Andrii M wrote:

Is there a probability that the client intentionally decided to spoil my rating? 

Why would a client want to do that?

could be, Andrii. haters are a reality. naive to think this is a free zone.

petra_r
Community Member

Simona C wrote:

could be, Andrii. haters are a reality. naive to think this is a free zone.

The client has spent in excess of $ 50k - this is not someone hiring people just to leave poor feedback.

He hired a number of people for that same job and kept some of them on. It looks like he hires a number of them, lets go of those whose work doesn't meet his standards, and keeps only those whose work he relly likes.

When reading feedback, it helps to read between the lines, too...

simonaci
Community Member

I haven't read Andri's feedback. I said it in general. because there are several reasons why a person can give a negative private opinion, not all praiseworthy, not all sensible. this is because meanness, cowardice or supercility are human characteristics. I tend to think that the kind-hearted person, the one who does not have the courage to tell you things in the face, does not leave you any feedbach and leaves, is the most honest thing he could do. duplicity always annoys me.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths