cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: My profile was not showing on applicants list even on hidden tab of the client.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
41 of 53

Although this thread does not necessarily pertain to banned accounts, it is worth mentioning that on some websites, members violating established and documented guidelines are banned and notified with only one notification that usually does not provide much information. The appeal process varies from site to site; some having no appeal process whatsoever.

For freelancers, and to some extent clients here on oDesk there are many negative situations that can occur in addition to the worst, which involves accounts being suspended or banned. Three very common negative situations are: not showing up in client searches for freelancers, applications not ranking well, and applications placed in a "hidden" folder.

Unfortunately, there are few if any meaningful documents describing the processes that lead to those situations. Most existing documents do not provide any meaningful detail, and support appears to rely on meaningless, "canned" responses to members' inquiries. Hence, these situations are often simply referred to as the oDesk "mad robots" (algorithms) supposedly designed to ensure that clients are matched with the most qualified and relevant freelancers.

I am certain that I am not alone in my thinking that some of those processes are "flawed" and do not work as intended, thus, possibly affecting members unfairly. After all, a lot of those processes are referred to as "experiments" or "beta" -- on a live site? Yep, non-validated processes on a live site affecting millions of accounts.

Where does that leave the freelancers, and to some extent clients that have been negatively affected by the "mad robots"? Does the expression "without a paddle" sound familiar?

Highlighted
Ankit M Member Since: Nov 5, 2014
42 of 53

Hi ,

My Name is Ankit , in the Last 3 Years i have used odesk and completed many Projects sucessfully , now i notice that in the last few Months i can not received a single response from Clients even i spend more then 20 bids in a week , in the last Month one of my old Client send me a interview invitation but on my Account his interview invitation is not Showing after contact with odesk customer care i am able to see his intervirw invitation , now his Project is Finished My client give me a 5 star rating , i have also a one runnung Project But now i again check my Bids , my Name is not Showiing in all job Application List , My name is Always Hidden , i am very much Diappointed with Odesk , i am Not a Bad Freelancer My odesk History is very good , in my Odesk history none of single client file a dispute against me , i dont know whats Happen with my Profile , Will anyone  Please guide me what can i do now.

Hours :- 480
Completed Projects =11
Client Rating = 4.90

Will you Please let me know what can i do in this stage to showing my all bids Again

Thanks
Ankit

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
43 of 53

Ankit,

Over time your account accumulates various statistics and performance metrics that are utilized by oDesk's automated algorithms. These algorithms have placed your account under review.

This is not about being a "good" or "bad" contractor. It is a matter of math and algorithms. You eventually worked long enough on oDesk and completed enough contracts that your cumulative body of performance metrics triggered the algorithms, the intent of which is to isolate clients from problematic contractors. As these are automated algorithms and not real people looking at your work history, there is no way for them know if you are "good" or "bad". The algorithms only "know" that the cumulative numbers activated their "put this account on review" trigger.

You will need to contact customer support and verify this. When you contact them, do not provide background information or complain or anything. Only ask them:

"Is my account under review? What should I do?"

Then follow their directions. They will tell you to successfully complete and have your clients close all of your current contracts, except for the truly long-term contracts for which you are currently doing regular work (these will be counted in your favor). After completing all contracts and having them closed, you will need to wait 2 weeks. Then you will contact customer support to ask them to review your account. Then they will take up to two weeks to do the review and restore your account status to normal so that you can submit job applications which clients will see. Understand that they will not notify you if and when they restore your account to normal. You will need to test your account yourself by submitting job applications to extremely appropriate jobs that fit your skill set and work history, and seeing if your name appears in the list of job applicants.

Highlighted
Shahbaz K Member Since: Mar 8, 2015
44 of 53

Hi 

I am facing exactly the same issue,but could not able to find the answer,does anyone here have resolved this issue,if yes please let me know.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
45 of 53

Hi Shahbaz,

I would suggest you make some changes to improve your profile and use a photo of yourself as your profile picture. Then please, contact Customer Support to get more details about your profile visibility.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Benny B Member Since: May 9, 2015
46 of 53

Hi, I also have the same problem, I hope this issue will be solved soon as this is getting really frustrating. I haven't been using Odesk pretty much during the past year because of a big project I was involved in, but now, being free, I want to come back working on Odesk, and getting as many projects as possible.

Benny

Highlighted
sajjad a Member Since: Apr 28, 2010
47 of 53

I am facing same problem also. I was not responding since long. But I continued sending applications.

Yesterday when I wanted to know where is my name in applicants's list. I found my name was not in applicants's list.

Then I checked one by one my applications but found nothing. Then I understood why was I not responding.

If any body can help me,please help.

Thanks for reading my problem.

Sajjad

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
48 of 53

Hi Sajjad,

You can read through the thread you previously posted in. This reply from Valeria here suggests that it can be because of a history of violations, disputes etc. In either case the only solution is to sort it out with CS (link), so you will have to wait on a response to our ticket.

---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
sajjad a Member Since: Apr 28, 2010
49 of 53

Hi Setu,

Thanks for your suggetions.

I submitted my ticket for help and my account is restored. Now my name is showing in applications.

But it wasted my 2 months. Now I am trying for jobs. My job success rate is %100 and my feedback is 5 star.

But founding no response still from clients.

Any how I am thankful to you for guiding me.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
50 of 53

Sajjad,

The bad news for you is: Your account is on hold (also known as "under review").

The good news is: You can recover from this. My account was put on hold twice and now I'm rated as an Upwork "Top Performer."

You should also know that you did not necessarily do anything wrong to trigger the review/on hold action. These are triggered automatically by computer algorithms, and there are many reasons they occur, including simply the accumulation of mathematical performance metrics.

You can read more about all the reasons you job applications are hidden in various threads on this forum, including here.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS