cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My profile was not showing on applicants list even on hidden tab of the client.

Joyce Anne B Member Since: May 12, 2013
1 of 53
I was wondering if anybody is experiencing the same problem as mine. recently I notice that no client is inviting me though my profile is public, no one is declining nor shortlisted me, so I check all of my application and found out that my name was not on the list. I talk to my previous client and ask if he can post a job where I am fit and lets see if my profile will come up. Sadly, he cant see my profile anywhere on the list. It was not even on the HIDDEN tab that was being pushed by the support team, they say Im hidden but not. I send them a screenshot for proof and that was the only time they seek a tech/engineer team to fix the issue because they say there was a bug. Its been 10 days since I open the ticket and upto this time they only ask me to wait and this is not yet resolve.
Zaman R Member Since: Jan 10, 2014
2 of 53
Same thing happening with me, I have been applying for jobs for 15 days but I am not getting any response from the client. So I found that I am not being listed in the applicant list. Have contacted the support but not able to get a valid answer. Any help will be highly appreciated...
Bayazid B Member Since: Feb 12, 2010
3 of 53
Zaman R, I also have contact with support team, they are ignoring all of us. I don't know why? I have analyzed few things that need to share: 1. Odesk Giving Priority to the Newbies 2. Odesk Hides the Applications of them who are not applying for jobs regularly or copy paste cover letter 3. Odesk Hides the Applications of them who is not updating their profiles regularly 4. Recently Odesk Added the Recommendations score on the Profile, but not showing in all profiles. A few of controllers are getting this facilities among them the Newbies are proffered What should we do, there is no anyone who will help us
Community Guru
Tony H Member Since: Nov 10, 2011
4 of 53
Bayazid, do you have a way to prove your points 1-3? I actually think it's good to hide people who use a copy/paste cover... but the other points don't make sense. As for priority for newbies, they have some incentives for the most experienced contractors right now that you may not be aware of. For updating profiles... if this is true, I would like to know as I honestly haven't touched mine for longer than I can remember. Keep thinking about it, but haven't because it's been working and I'm lazy. Applying for jobs doesn't make sense either, because if a contractor is really good and a client keeps them on for a very long time... they won't need to apply for jobs right? So that would be like punishing their best contractors for being good. oDesk does some pretty horrible things to their community sometimes, so if what you are saying is true, please let us know where you found that information. I would like to investigate it a little more. Thanks!
Joyce Anne B Member Since: May 12, 2013
5 of 53
Hi Tony, yes your right. I agree with you. My concern for being hidden is not because of any violation but because of a "bug". That was the information I gather from the Engineering Team and they say they are working on it. My concern is its been 2 weeks and the problem is not yet solved. Its a technical glitch and maybe doing a priority queue to resolve the problem in a timely manner. Its a good thing when you build good reputation on client,you dont need to apply. I was contacted last night by a client for a new contract and I am thankful for it. Reason why I am applying is because of the new opportunity while previous client are no jobs to lend on me.
Dexter N Member Since: Apr 2, 2009
6 of 53
I have the same issue, when i have sent a ticket on help center they said the same thing that there was a 'bug' and they're working on it. I still continue to apply for jobs but unfortunately I still don't see my name on the applicants list. I hope this issue will be resolved sooner.
Khanh N Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 53

Yes. your application can't come to the client. Smiley Sad 

Community Guru
Marissa S Member Since: Feb 6, 2008
8 of 53
Tony, I think I've got a clue about this 'incentive' you wrote here but won't discuss it further. Just saying that it's a more sustainable business model (long term).
Zaman R Member Since: Jan 10, 2014
9 of 53
Bayzid B, I never use copy/pasted cover letter, although I am being updating my profile on weekly basis. So its not any possibility of Point 2,3.... Don't know what is going wrong into their systems... The support team also ignoring my tickets and not providing me with the valid solution....
Nicola O Member Since: Oct 11, 2014
10 of 53
They told me it is a known Bug . That is causing such problem. They addressed it and hope to fix it ASAP. But they do not sure when to fix it. The total process is frustrating . It seems So much profiles around the world are being hidden in Application list. And not assured about the solution.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS