sangro22

My profile wasn't accepted. Can you help me make it better?

I have submitted my profile 3 times already, and each time it wasn't accepted. The reason is that the marketplace doesn’t have opportunities for your area of expertise. However, every second job posted in the Accounting section is one that I could do. 

Can you please take a look at my profile and help me figure out what I am missing?

Thanks, 

Sandra

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ooooh that explains all these people with 1-2 jobs that are getting kicked.

When did you transfer? I still maintain that transferring late was a bad move. It seems inactive people who come back are gettng filtered out. Or the outcome of the first couple of jobs wasn't great. They are kicking people with a couple of jobs. 

They're obviously trying to clean house, which makes me LOL when freelancers threaten to leave out of spite over the rate hike. They're probably thinking "sweeet!"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
yitwail

I'm just curious how you managed to get 2 jobs listed in your work history if your profile was never approved.

Those other jobs were moved from Elance.

ooooh that explains all these people with 1-2 jobs that are getting kicked.

When did you transfer? I still maintain that transferring late was a bad move. It seems inactive people who come back are gettng filtered out. Or the outcome of the first couple of jobs wasn't great. They are kicking people with a couple of jobs. 

They're obviously trying to clean house, which makes me LOL when freelancers threaten to leave out of spite over the rate hike. They're probably thinking "sweeet!"

I didn't transfer in time. 😕 

How can I remove the jobs from my profile? Or should I delete my freelancer profile and start from scratch?

No, you can't start from scratch. They will ban a second account and you'll probably get the same message. You'll have to come back in a few months or something and try again. They've been filtering out profiles.

I was trying to re-write and resubmit my profile on the last 3 months. I will keep on trying.

At least Upwork could give the real reason for the non-approval instead of one that doesn't seem right. 😛

Sandra, I think it is quite incredible that a CPA should have been refused.

But I also think the problem is the data entry job you've done - it is this area that is saturated on Upwork - probably it was either some trigger-happy real person, or a robot that spotted these now fatal words and zapped you.

The way in which this culling is being done seems to be completely random.

Hi Sandra,

Sorry about the confusion. Let me follow up with the team about your account status. I'll update this thread as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sandra, your account has been reviewed and approved.

~ Valeria
Upwork
msharifislam

I think i have given all the informations in my profile.  Still it is not accepted. why?  I want to apply for job but account is not approved . what can i do now ?

Hi Sharif,

You may still need to expand your profile overview and add more information about your skills and experience. Also, add some portfolio items and take some skill tests to showcase your skills.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork