🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My proposals haven't been accepted
Page options
693b98ee
Community Member

My proposals haven't been accepted

Hie guys, I have been on Upwork for 2 weeks and send 7 proposal but non of them have been accepted. What could be the problem 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bobafett999
Community Member

May be they don't know who is Tino? Upwork wants headshots as the profile picture.  Does your picture look like headshot of a single person?

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
bobafett999
Community Member

May be they don't know who is Tino? Upwork wants headshots as the profile picture.  Does your picture look like headshot of a single person?

thank you will correct that

I have send my proposals from a week ago but they don't show any notification that I didn't get it or anything. And we can't ask the client fo it. I'm losing hope for this.

Hi Reyfin,

That is how Upwork, and sadly the job market in general works. If you submit a ptoposal and have not heard anything withing 24 hours, that almost definitely means that you did not get the job. Clients do not acknowledge unsuccessful applications. This is the real world and you simply need to put these proposals behind you,  continue to look, and try to work out how to make a killing proposal!

Good luck,

Ailsa 

Community Member

Only 7 proposals in 2 weeks? Not hustling hard enough. It can easily take 3-4 times that number of proposals to land your first gig.

For advice, make sure that you've gone through the Upwork Academy courses.

thank you

df602768
Community Member

7 proposals are very few unless you're super established.

6cf2cb16
Community Member

It's difficult to say without more information, but there could be several issues. First, you may need to refine your proposal to make sure it is clear and concise and addresses the client's needs. Also, make sure your profile is complete and up-to-date, and your skills and experience match the job posting. Additionally, make sure you are applying for jobs that are a good fit for you and your expertise. Finally, be sure to tailor each proposal to the specific job posting, and make sure you are competitively priced.

7839a906
Community Member

Hi every one 

Me too have the same issue 

proofpudding
Community Member

Hi Tino,

Well I can't see your profile because you have it set to private, so there is no way any of us can advise you if you stand out to clients as someone they would want to hire;`.

But anyway, this is the real world here and it is an extremely competitive market. As Konstantinos remarked, seven proposals over several months is nothing; even highly experienced and successful freelancers can make several proposals in the course of a week - I don't remember exactly how many freelancers there now are on Upwork, but it is a staggeringly high figure - all chasing the same jobs.

So the only advice I can offer is to increase radically the nu,ber of jobs you apply for, but, first, to let other freelancers see your profile and ask for their advice in improving it.

Good luck,

Ailsa

Ailsa, this thread was from 8 months ago.

But my profile is public not private
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths