🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My total money money decrease
Page options
e8d442fe
Community Member

My total money money decrease

Why is my profile not appearing in searches even after inputting my name?

And secondly, I noticed that my total money earned had reduced

10 REPLIES 10
blue-trace
Community Member

I too have observed that the decimal point is no longer displayed in the total amount of money that I have earned.

e8d442fe
Community Member

Alright...Maybe it's general 

But why am I not appearing in the searches even when I input my name 

bilsim
Community Member

You can not find your own name in searches. If your total public earnings have decreased, it's because it is rounded down. Eg. 22k is rounded to 20k. If your private total has decreased it's because you are out of a certain calculation window.

e8d442fe
Community Member

Yes, I couldn't find my name when I searched 

bilsim
Community Member

Check here: https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Profile-not-showing-in-search-results-even-when-search-b...

Sometimes people cannot see their own profile, but others can. Try logging out, and check freelancers as a logged-out visitor. Then see if you can see yourself from that position.

celgins
Community Member

Searching by name does not mean much; most clients will never search for freelancers by name. However, many clients will search using skill categories, location, amount earned, etc.

If you use enough filters, you can find any profile. The search results in the screenshot below were generated by searching: Nigeria >  Content Writer > Grace A (2nd page). Again, most clients will never search by name. When searching: Nigeria > Content Writer or Nigeria > SEO Optimization, your profile did not show in the first 60 pages.

celgins_0-1681221297860.png

Also, search results are shown on a rotating basis and they are not the same from week to week. Hundreds (if not thousands) of freelancers are joining and leaving the marketplace everyday, and where you appear will flucuate. If you perform the same search two weeks from now, you will probably get a different result.

e8d442fe
Community Member

Thanks

williamtcooper
Community Member

Hi Grace,

Your Profile is appearing in the searching - I just viewed it.

When logged in, go to the top right of the screen and click the down carrot to view "Talent". Search for Grace A, Nigeria and earnings of $1k+ and you are on page two. Thanks!

williamtcooper
Community Member

Grace,

The other responses are not correct.

As I mentioned, you are in Upwork search. 

If you want to appear in a keyword search, your Profile needs to be updated.

How do I update it

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members