🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My upwork Job Success Score down from 94% to ...
Page options
mohammed_matar
Community Member

My upwork Job Success Score down from 94% to 74%.

hi, i finished 10 contracts successfuly and the clients give me excellent feedback, but two days ago i started a new contract with a client need a project to be built using Angular (web application), and told him i will use (angular+spring boot) to finish his project, he told me he didn't care about the tools and the ui, he just want the functionality (multi user authentication & authorization + job posting), after i finished his project, and give him the final result (i also deploed the final project to my server so he can test online), he start telling me he didn't happy with the ui + he complement about the tools i used (jhipster generator to scaffold basic structure to increase my productivity),

after that he used offensive, and he canceld the contract,

today i found my jss is 74%,

and i don't think i did something wrog as we agreed we will focus on the functionality over the ui, and why only one contract decrease my score even if the other clients are very very happy.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MOHAMED FADLELMOLA M wrote:

yes, one of them is a test in an online tool, i get the full score as the client requirement,

and the other i did what the client want me to do, and even she took told me will hire me again, (we discuss about the new project right now).

i think she didn't added a feedback because the task cost her only 10$,

the two jobs didn't has a feedback:

one of them is 15$.

and the other one is 10$,

the contracts with great feedback are much bigger here is there feebacks and the amount:

Rehired Matar for a different project, quality of work was again, good. Finished the project before my deadline. Recommended.

3- (4.67 stars) -- 175$.

Despite having a relatively short timeline, Matar go through the existing code and complete the project on time. Frontend work delivered is very good. Overall I am happy with the work done, and would reengage him should there be a suitable project. Recommended.

4- (5 stars) 50$.

well.

5- (5 stars) 40$.

Great person to work with
6- (5 stars) 35$.
Mohamed submitted the work on time and communicated really well. Thanks

all of them are happy and they give me a bouns, and the told me they are giving me a bouns because they like my work, (even the client that give me (4.80 and 4.67).

I guess you can assume it's one of the sub-5 star jobs, but you must have at least a feeling of who wasn't happy. Maybe this is one of the rare occasions where the client just paid and walked away. I'm that way so I get it. I'm not interested in discussing it with people,so if I don't like service I just pay what I owe and go somewhere else. I probably don't give off many signals that I don't like something because I'm not interested in debating over it. I'm sure there are a lot like me.

Anyway, someone wasn't happy and it's a judgement call. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably look to see if one of the clients hired someone else for the same job. That could be a clue. Also consider things that fall out of the 6/12/24 month period, because you get one bad thing in there with a good thing that rolls off and it's a JSS killer.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
lysis10
Community Member

As Bush says, it's the little things that kill.

In this case, the little things just killed your JSS.

yeah, literally killed me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a_lipsey
Community Member

If he was top-rated before that, can't he use his perk to kill that feedback on his JSS? Also why would one job have that much affect on his JSS? 

JSS seems so arbitrary. 

lysis10
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

If he was top-rated before that, can't he use his perk to kill that feedback on his JSS? Also why would one job have that much affect on his JSS? 

JSS seems so arbitrary. 

Yep, I'm too lazy to look at the image but yes if he's top rated he can kill the bad contract and it goes POOOOF like it never happened. It's a beautiful thing lemme tell you. 

florydev
Community Member

I was going to ask this question myself if you bullet that kills you takes you below 90% and you lose TR can you use your trump card still or is it over?   Do you have a little leeway?

lysis10
Community Member

Mark F wrote:

I was going to ask this question myself if you bullet that kills you takes you below 90% and you lose TR can you use your trump card still or is it over?   Do you have a little leeway?

Yeah you got 2 weeks to use your trump card. IME, you always know what contract killed it too. I think lots of times freelancers are just kidding themselves when they say they don't know. I don't know why they do this, but it's an interesting phenomenon. 

If you have enough jobs, it'll take a couple of hard hits from some feminine product before it really takes you close to under 90%. So you can probably save it even after the first hit, but there are some times when you just know it's a 1 star review so it's worth just killing it off before it sees the light of day.

petra_r
Community Member

He wasn't top rated and there are only 8 contracts, 7 have any feedback, 2 are below 5 stars, and only 1 calculation window, so yes, one contract with disastrous private feedback or a couple of lukewarm ones can have that effect.

lysis10
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

He wasn't top rated and there are only 8 contracts, 7 have any feedback, 2 are below 5 stars, and only 1 calculation window, so yes, one contract with disastrous private feedback or a couple of lukewarm ones can have that effect.

Sounds like he's outta luck!

a_lipsey
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Thanks for the clarity. Even though I've been working here awhile, I haven't been paying much attention to stats and how they all work until this point. I've just been getting jobs and making clients happy, lol, which I think is probably still the best strategy for success. 

petra_r
Community Member

Amanda L wrote:

I've just been getting jobs and making clients happy, lol, which I think is probably still the best strategy for success. 

It is, at least longterm. If you take care of your contracts and clients and choose both very carefully, your JSS will, to a large degree, take care of itself.

For freelancers just starting out, it is harder, because one contract can have such a profound effect.

That said, it is also easier to get back to a decent JSS because a few great contracts can improve it quickly.

Of course, the nature of percentages is such that whilst one poor outcome can drop you quite a lot, it takes a number of great ones to return to where you were before it all went pearshaped.

actually, yes, i 10 contracts, two are ongoing, 8 are finished , and six of them has very good feedback, one contract without a feedback and rated (5 stars), and one without feedback and without rating.

Are the two you have going likely to result in great feedback?

yes, one of them is a test in an online tool, i get the full score as the client requirement,

and the other i did what the client want me to do, and even she took told me will hire me again, (we discuss about the new project right now).

one of them is 15$.

the contracts with great feedback are much bigger here is there feebacks and the amount:

Rehired Matar for a different project, quality of work was again, good. Finished the project before my deadline. Recommended.

3- (4.67 stars) -- 175$.

Despite having a relatively short timeline, Matar go through the existing code and complete the project on time. Frontend work delivered is very good. Overall I am happy with the work done, and would reengage him should there be a suitable project. Recommended.

4- (5 stars) 50$.

well.

5- (5 stars) 40$.

6- (5 stars) 35$.

all of them are happy and they give me a bouns, and the told me they are giving me a bouns because they like my work, (even the client that give me (4.80 and 4.67).

MOHAMED FADLELMOLA M wrote:

one of them is 15$.

3- (4.67 stars) -- 175$.

4- (5 stars) 50$.

well.

5- (5 stars) 40$.

6- (5 stars) 35$.

I guess you can assume it's one of the sub-5 star jobs, but you must have at least a feeling of who wasn't happy. Maybe this is one of the rare occasions where the client just paid and walked away. I'm that way so I get it. I'm not interested in discussing it with people,so if I don't like service I just pay what I owe and go somewhere else. I probably don't give off many signals that I don't like something because I'm not interested in debating over it. I'm sure there are a lot like me.

Anyway, someone wasn't happy and it's a judgement call. If I were in your shoes, I'd probably look to see if one of the clients hired someone else for the same job. That could be a clue. Also consider things that fall out of the 6/12/24 month period, because you get one bad thing in there with a good thing that rolls off and it's a JSS killer.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths