🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My upwork app is stuck at loading and won't o...
Page options
auld_sarah
Community Member

My upwork app is stuck at loading and won't open

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times. When I install there is a message that pops up saying there has been an internal error and to restart, when I do it just goes to the loading page and won't start.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for following up. Could you please try to:

1. Exit/close the Upwork app
  2. Delete Upwork folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork
  3. Start the app again/reinstall it as instructed here.

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sarah,

Could you please clarify if you're referring to our Mobile or Desktop app? Please share your operating system with me as well so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran, 

It is the desktop app on a hp laptop. I have windows 10 and upwork app is v5.5.0.1. Sometimes when I reinstall I get a message saying there is an internal error and the app has to restart, but when it restarts it is stuck on the loading page again. Thank you for your help! 

Also my laptop is not recognising I have installed the app after installation 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for following up. Could you please try to:

1. Exit/close the Upwork app
  2. Delete Upwork folder in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Upwork
  3. Start the app again/reinstall it as instructed here.

Let us know if the issue persists.

~ Bojan
Upwork

I have done this many times over the past few days and nothing is working, it is still stuck on the loading sign 

I have done it now and it has worked! I wasn't deleting the dataapp folder correctly! Thank you for your help! 

How did you delete it?

a87a83e2
Community Member

Hi Boja, I'm experiencing the same issue. Please advise.

Hi Apple,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the issue while accessing Upwork Desktop App. I see that you are already communicating with our support team via a ticket here. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Bojan, I'm having problems to install de desktop app. I have an Apple Imac Version 11.6.2. I download the app and it stucks on the loading sign. I have previously deleted the older version. Please help ASAP! Thanks

Hi Maria, 

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
deizi23
Community Member

It works for MacOS also:

Library/Application Support/Upwork/Upwork -> delete all files and folders. Restart app.

ynnarsyl
Community Member

Hi, having the same problem here.

Hi Ynnarsyl,

You can find advice on how to Troubleshoot the Desktop App here. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling. If you still experience problems, report the issue so we can help you. Here’s how:

Click your name at the lower left of the app
Select Support and Feedback
Enter the details of your issue and click Send

~Andrea
Upwork

I've been trying to install the desktop app on Mac M1, but it keeps on loading. I tried all the help from the FAQ section but got the same when I opened it. 

Try uninstalling it and then installing it again. Make sure you are allowing the permissions for the app to function. 

Uninstall the setup file and try downloading it again before installing it. 

Sahan (Unofficial Nickname)
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members