cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My upwork desktop app doesn't work at all

Highlighted
Jose W Member Since: Apr 20, 2017
1 of 20

i tried everything. redownloading, reinstalling, restarting my pc and reinstalling.. it shows an error before even opening. i'll attach a screenshot of what it shows 

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 20

Hi Jose,

Could you please check out this help article for information about troubleshooting Upwork App issues? 

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Silvana R Member Since: Mar 22, 2020
3 of 20

I have the same problem. The login screen appears and I wait forever for the app to start (and it doesn't!)

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
4 of 20

Hi Silvana, 

Could you please share a screenshot of the error via PM so I can check? You can PM me by clicking on my name. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Joanna Marie C Member Since: Jan 9, 2017
5 of 20

Hi,

Hoping you can help me. My app won't even let me go to the part where I can put in my login. The screenshot I attached is the last thing I get then when I hit Got It, it does nothing. Tried uninstall then reinstall but nothing helped.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
6 of 20

Hi Joanna Marie,

I apologize for the inconvenience this caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with this issue. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Marco M Member Since: Apr 5, 2020
7 of 20

Hello!, I am new to upwork and my desktop app doesnt work at all. It just stays on : connecting... forever.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
8 of 20

Hi Marco, 

Did you log in with your Google Credentials? If so, please log in to your account through a browser. Please visit the Connected Services page in the Settings page, and disassociate your Google account from your Upwork account. Once done, please try logging int to your Upwork Desktop app to see if the issue persists. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Marco M Member Since: Apr 5, 2020
9 of 20

Yes thanks! disconnecting google sign in solved my problem!

Highlighted
Naureen R Member Since: Apr 9, 2020
10 of 20

I also face the same problem. since an hour it is showing this.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS