🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My wife's account was suspended: followup
Page options
nosvan
Community Member

My wife's account has been suspended and she can't even ask here because she has no priviledges.

So, instead of forcing her to make a whole new account for no reason, I'm coming on her behalf. Absolutely amazed at the sheer lack of resources you get when you're not top-rated, to be honest. Want anything? Go to the forum where you will see no way to open or reply to any post, not even the ability to private message a mod, so "support" is more of an option for the company if you're not up to grade.

The main issue is this: She created her account years ago, landed a job, worked, got paid and she decided that, as she had not enough English speaking skills for this hassle, continued her operation via other means. The money is still in her account, by the way. I had offered her indirect translation of her communications (trying to give her a better option over g-translate to deal with her potential clients), but after that single job, she basically got bored. Still, she showed some interest back this year and asked me to help her get her account back to shape. I told her "you most likely need to send your ID and they will then ask you a videocall. I know you still don't speak the language good enough but it's probably gonna be okay". 

Guess I was wrong. After sending her ID, she just told me her account is suspended. It'd be nice to know why but, more importantly, I'd love to solve this issue and see if Upwork is a viable choice still for her.

P.S: she's still available for that videocall. I'm aware it's one of those cases where you suspend the account in case someone hacked it or rented/sold it. That's pretty easy to solve with the videocall.

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hello Jose, 

I understand your concern with the status of your wife's account. While we won't be able to discuss the account status here, I believe I was able to locate the account in question. When logging into her account, your wife should see a notification at the top of the Settings page about the steps she may take to complete the verification and resolve the issue on her Upwork account. 

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
nosvan
Community Member

To eb brief, she was verified yesterday, which is nice, but her account is still "suspended". So, I would like to know if there is a way for her to stop being suspended so she may restart her activities via Upwork.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Jose Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear your wife is still experiencing issues with her account. We are unable to discuss any details of another user's account with you because of privacy reasons. Please feel free to let your wife know she can reach out to us directly via our different support channels and we'll be happy to assist her.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
nosvan
Community Member

Which support channels, exactly? The autobot doesn't have any solutions about her status and she can't post nor reply community posts nor directly message you because "You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

As such I will directly message you her account profile so you can start giving her support directly and privately. Once again, I'm the one doing this because we've exhausted our options via normal support means. 

Hi Jose Daniel,

Thanks for sending your wife's account details. We'll have one of our agents reach out to her directly in order to assist her further with her account.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members