🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » My withdrawal request to PayPal immediately r...
Page options
shettymohitn
Community Member

My withdrawal request to PayPal immediately rejected (Unable to troubleshoot)

Hello everyone,

I am new the Upwork and I am trying to attempt an withdrawal for the first time on this platform. I had completed the in-person verification over a Meet call with an executive after submitting the required government ID. I setup my payment method and had to wait for around three days until the 6th of this month.

I tried withdrawing my funds yesterday (a few hours ago) and later realized that my request was immediately rejected. I have an ref ID (not sure if it is safe to share), but there was no error message based on which I could troubleshoot the failure. One thing that I noticed was that the payment method (PayPal) always gets disabled when I try to perform an withdrawal. Upwork prompts me to re-enable the method, but then when I do so and then again try to withdraw my funds, the same cycle continues.

Can someone please help me out with this issue?

Payment Method: PayPal
Reason of Failure: Unable to apply funds

The email of both accounts is same and I can't find any option to get details of the payment method for further verification (troubleshooting)

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mohit,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thanks for the reply Bojan S.

I had a few more questions based on the answer you gave me for my question.

Will I be notified when an agent contacts me?
How long will the agent take to contact me?
Do I have to generate the support ticket by myself...and if so how?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mohit, 

You can click the question mark icon that shows at the bottom right corner of this page. You may be asked what type of account you need help you, go ahead and select the best option. If you don't receive the information you're looking for, you can click "Ask something else" for more options, including contacting our support team.

Our team will reach out to you as soon as possible. You'll be able to access the ticket here as well as via the email notification that will be sent to you.

Thank you for your patience! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths