🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: My work is finished and transferred to th...
Page options
cropster_photo
Community Member

My work is finished and transferred to the clien, but Client has stopped contacting for sever days.

I'm a freelancer. Fixed payment contract. After transferring the work performed and my request for payment, the Client has stopped contacting during for several days.

Situation:
I’m worried that the client doesn’t want to pay for my work after receiving the work done.
At the same time, then I demonstrating the work, Client was completely satisfied with my work (which is recorded in our correspondence in the UpWork chat).
The client has opened a contract. I handed him the work done (software files). And filed a request for payment.
After that, the Client under various pretexts (not related to the tasks of the contract), delays the time and does not close the contract.
It does not ask questions - since the contract I performed exactly with contract task and in the contract there is no possibility to add to it something for fictional tasks.

The completion date specified in the contract will come in 2 days.

Questions:
1) How to be in this situation?

2) What happens after the expiration of the contract?

3) At what point do I have the right to file a complaint with the support service?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pudingstudio
Community Member

Aleksei S wrote:

I'm a freelancer. Fixed payment contract. After transferring the work performed and my request for payment, the Client has stopped contacting during for several days.

Situation:
I’m worried that the client doesn’t want to pay for my work after receiving the work done.
At the same time, then I demonstrating the work, Client was completely satisfied with my work (which is recorded in our correspondence in the UpWork chat).
The client has opened a contract. I handed him the work done (software files). And filed a request for payment.
After that, the Client under various pretexts (not related to the tasks of the contract), delays the time and does not close the contract.
It does not ask questions - since the contract I performed exactly with contract task and in the contract there is no possibility to add to it something for fictional tasks.

Questions:

3) At what point do I have the right to file a complaint with the support service?

IF you were hired and milestone WAS funded:

1. Calm. Happy.
Happy that you've done work you've promised. Calm becouse being nervous accomplishes nothing.
You have not been wronged (yet).
You'll recieve payment from escrow in 14 days (DON'T click 'submin' again, it will only reset that 14 day delay)

2. If you're referring to the date set in contract, that doesn't have much meaning, don't worry about that.

3. Not yet.
If you've produced the work as specified, sumbited your work (and clicked on that button on your contract); at this point, client can transform into a cloud, you'll still get paid.

Don't pester your client, don't bother them with constant requests to answer you. Clients don't like it, nor anyone does. We all hate it.

He might never respond you, he might respond soon in a polite manner, he might respond with an annoying message.

Either way, wait.

There is easily an option for a client to add some fictional tasks. Albeit fictional, client can also become a cloud.

You're in no obligation to produce more than AGREED upon, unless client agrees for additional payment.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tlsanders
Community Member

As long as you clicked on "submit work/request payment" and don't do it again and the money is in escrow, you'll automatically get paid 14 days after you clicked. There is no reason you need to interact with the client further. 

pudingstudio
Community Member

Aleksei S wrote:

Situation:

Questions:

IF you were hired and milestone WAS funded:

1. Calm. Happy.
Happy that you've done work you've promised. Calm becouse being nervous accomplishes nothing.
You have not been wronged (yet).
You'll recieve payment from escrow in 14 days (DON'T click 'submin' again, it will only reset that 14 day delay)

2. If you're referring to the date set in contract, that doesn't have much meaning, don't worry about that.

3. Not yet.
If you've produced the work as specified, sumbited your work (and clicked on that button on your contract); at this point, client can transform into a cloud, you'll still get paid.

Don't pester your client, don't bother them with constant requests to answer you. Clients don't like it, nor anyone does. We all hate it.

He might never respond you, he might respond soon in a polite manner, he might respond with an annoying message.

Either way, wait.

There is easily an option for a client to add some fictional tasks. Albeit fictional, client can also become a cloud.

You're in no obligation to produce more than AGREED upon, unless client agrees for additional payment.

Your detailed answers calmed me down. I am very grateful to you.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths