🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » NAME ISSUES - NEED AN AGENT
Page options
leahmuscat
Community Member

NAME ISSUES - NEED AN AGENT

I need to get in touch with an agent/customer service regarding a situation with my name.

I use a nickname/alias in the music business. All my work is registered under that name and that is the name I registered upon applying to Upwork.

I tried to setup my paying method. The bank method didn’t work because I wrote my legal name and it said that it didn’t match my profile name. Then I tried with PayPal, but realized my last name on PayPal is my maiden name from before I was married. (which is also a part of my profile nickname)

So with no options working I decided to change my first name in the profile to my legal name so it at least matches the PayPal account.

Now I’m sure all this looks suspicious to whoever is gonna try approve my changes. So firstly I wanna get in touch with an agent or some sort of customer service so I can explain myself, and secondly I would really love to keep my original alias name in the profile. Help and thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
JoanneP

Hi Leah,

I checked your account and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. Please know that for security reasons your withdrawal method will be activated in three days. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

And how about having an alias as a profile name? Is that not possible?

Leah M wrote:
And how about having an alias as a profile name? Is that not possible?

It isn't. Your profile name must be the name that appears on your government issued ID document

Alright! The name I have now is linked to a PayPal account with my maiden surname, if I change my last name now I’m assuming there will be an issue with PayPal. Right? I just don’t want my account to be blocked coz of suspicious behavior of changing my name several times. If I fix it now can you approve it directly? Thank you in advance!

Leah M wrote:
Alright! The name I have now is linked to a PayPal account with my maiden surname, if I change my last name now I’m assuming there will be an issue with PayPal. Right? 

Yes. You'll have to change your name in PayPal too if you want to withdraw via PayPal.

Leah M wrote:
 I just don’t want my account to be blocked coz of suspicious behavior of changing my name several times.

It won't be blocked. At worst it triggers a verification.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members