🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: NDA asking for my principal mailing addre...
Page options
mayamaki
Community Member

NDA asking for my principal mailing address, email and Skype ID

Hi! A client asked me to sign an NDA before any offer asking for my principal mailing address, email and Skype ID. Should I sign it or not?

4 REPLIES 4
grendon
Community Member

You should have a contract with the client before handing any information, it's against Upwork rules to do so. 

Also, watchout for those that ask personal information before even having a contract. You can explain the client that you need to have a contract before giving them any information. If they insist, then move on. They're probably scammers. 

kfarnell
Community Member

Gustavo R wrote:

You should have a contract with the client before handing any information, it's against Upwork rules to do so. 

No. Upwork have specifically said that you can share contact details for this purpose. This is not simply about sharing contact details. Sometimes, it's necessary for sharing information before a contract. There's no reason to assume they're scammers based on this alone.

And it's important to remember it goes both ways. With full information you might not even want the project.

Should you sign it? If everything else seems above board, yes, do it now.

mayamaki
Community Member

Thanks a million, Gustavo

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "NDA asking for my principal mailing address, email and Skype ID"

The client has a form with blanks that he wants filled out.

If you want to fill out the NDA, but you don't want to provide your prime email, then just go generate a new free email address and provide that email address. The client won't know the difference and won't care.

If you want to provide a Skype ID but don't want to proide your prime Skype ID, then just go create a new Skype account.

If you want to provide a mailing address but don' want to provide your physical address where you sleep each night, then just provice a commerial street address or PO Box or the address of your work office or church or club where you're a member. Or just provide the address of your local post office. All of these addresses will satisfy the client's desire for you to fill out that field, and all of those can be used to successfully deliver mail to you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members