cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NDA

hishamfathy810
Hesham F Member Since: Jul 31, 2016
1 of 8

A client asked me to fill NDA apllication .. 

i dont know anything about that .... 

Any help !!!! 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
BEST ANSWER
2 of 8

Hesham:

If you were my very best friend in the whole world, I would tell you:

Just read it, sign it, and return it.

NDAs aren't a big deal for contractors to sign.

They generally don't ask you to do anything different than what you would do any way.

The person who sent you the NDA has probably not read it.

It basically just means don't be a jerk. Be an ethical, professional contractor and keep whatever it is you read, learn, and do with your client between you and the client.

View solution in original post

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
3 of 8

NDAs are Standard Business Practice. Don't worry about but do read it!

If there is any wording restricting you from working on similar jobs at any time - politely revise the NDA to allow yourself the ability to work on/with client competitor jobs.

versailles
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
4 of 8

And if the client is in a different jurisdiction, like in a different continent, then you don't even have to read the NDA. Just sign it. Even if they slipped sneaky provisions into it, they won't be able to enforce it.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
5 of 8

Snortle .....   😄

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 8

@Rene K wrote:

And if the client is in a different jurisdiction, like in a different continent, then you don't even have to read the NDA. Just sign it. Even if they slipped sneaky provisions into it, they won't be able to enforce it.

lol this is funny cuz it's true

I remember the blackhatworld people laughing at stuff like this. It really doesn't matter. The only NDAs I worry about are the ones where I lose stuffs. I have a couple of those.

gerrys
Community Guru
Gerry S Member Since: Nov 23, 2014
7 of 8

Beware the "NDA" that asks for more than a signature.

Was asked to sign one recently that asked for a lot of personal info via an active Web form (Phone; address; etc.)

Yes; another long-time valued UpWork client.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
8 of 8

What Rene said is totally true. The original poster is in Egypt. The client who sent him the NDA is not.

The contractor's compliance with the NDA is based purely on the honor system and on his own conscience, which is completely sufficient, because he is an honorable person.

Nothing in an NDA with a simple Upwork contractor is going to be legally enforced across international boundaries. Even within the United States, with both parties being in the same country, NDAs are more an expression of expectations than something that is going to be enforced in a practical sense.

They make people feel better and I don't mind signing them. I signed one yesterday.

But any NDA's power and authority is a pittance compared to my personal ironclad beliefs in the sanctity of client-contractor relationships, especially with the database designer and/or DBA. I regard the privacy and confidentiality I owe to clients as far more important than what doctors, lawyers, psychologists or clergy owe their clients.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS