🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » *NEED MODERATOR ASSISTANCE
Page options
alexis-arinze
Community Member

*NEED MODERATOR ASSISTANCE

If you are not an Upwork moderator, please do not respond.

Ok, so my account got recently suspended and my active contract was cancelled. The suspension and subsequent restriction placed on me was undeserving. The contract I was working on was not a "deceptive marketing tactic" as was told to me. I explained to the person handling my ticket what was actually going on and sent them all the screenshots. I wanted the suspension expunged/taken off my record. I also wanted to get paid for the contract that was wrongly cancelled. I was trying to get all of this worked out when  **Edited for Community Guidelines** closed out the ticket. I need to get another ticket opened.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Alexis,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've confirmed that the team received your last message and they will be following up with you soon.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
alexis-arinze
Community Member

To provide more context,

The client sent me a product, a children's book. I read it and created a word document file. In this document file, I snapped screenshots of different pages, and gave respective notes on what I thought about the book's illustrations and content. I did NOT leave a public review. I provided him with one-on-one critiques, which does NOT equate to deceptive marketing tactics. I receieved a warning ages ago about a contract where I left a public review about a client's service I did not use. I wholeheartedly own up to being in the wrong in that situation, but this contract is NOT deceptive in the slightest, and I think Upwork is still punishing me. I need help because I would like to continue providing critiques for my client's books but I don't want Upwork to suspend me again.

Referring to the support as  **Edited for Community Guidelines** probably won't help.

Jared K wrote:

Referring to the support as  **Edited for Community Guidelines** probably won't help.

Good thing I didn't ask for your opinion.

Hi Alexis,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I've confirmed that the team received your last message and they will be following up with you soon.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
m_terrazas
Community Member

Alexis A wrote:

Ok, so my account got recently suspended and my active contract was cancelled. The suspension and subsequent restriction placed on me was undeserving. The contract I was working on was not a "deceptive marketing tactic" as was told to me. I explained to the person handling my ticket what was actually going on and sent them all the screenshots. I wanted the suspension expunged/taken off my record. I also wanted to get paid for the contract that was wrongly cancelled. I was trying to get all of this worked out when  **Edited for Community Guidelines** closed out the ticket. I need to get another ticket opened.

I remind you that you are in a public forum, so you cannot demand that someone not answer you.
If you need assistance from a moderator, you find one who is currently answering and send them a private message.

Maria T wrote:

Alexis A wrote:

I remind you that you are in a public forum, so you cannot demand that someone not answer you.

I can demand whatever I want.

Alexis A wrote:

Maria T wrote:

Alexis A wrote:

This is true. Also true: Your choices about how you present yourself in this public forum (which is frequented by clients, btw) reflect how seriously you want to be taken as a professional.

Phyllis G wrote:

Alexis A wrote:

This is true. Also true: Your choices about how you present yourself in this public forum (which is frequented by clients, btw) reflect how seriously you want to be taken as a professional.

You should worry less about my conduct and more so the conduct of others on here. I don't frequent these forums much because I've noticed a horrendus pattern of condescending freelancers talking down to newer freelancers, similar to what you're doing. I now come on here to seek advice from moderators and moderators alone.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "If you are not an Upwork moderator, please do not respond"

This is the Community Forum.

It is inappropriate for anyone to post in the Community Forum and ask members of the Upwork community to not respond.

That is not how this resource is meant to be used.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members