🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » NEED SOME HELP TO FIND JOBS AND FREELANCE ROL...
Page options
a2ffc2dc
Community Member

NEED SOME HELP TO FIND JOBS AND FREELANCE ROLES

Hello members,  

I am Sanjukta Ghosh from India. I am looking for freelance opportunities for a while at Upwork but finding it difficult to get any roles that suit my profile. I have nearly 4 years of experience in content writing and editing but still not getting any relevant roles.

Kindly suggest some ideas or advices that can help me get a suitable role at Upwork.  I cover different niches, from food and travel to lifestyle,  fashion and beauty. 

Please help team members!

P.S. I can share my CV and work samples if needed. 

5 REPLIES 5
honeyv
Community Member

I was also wondering something strange is happening over there with me too. Though having a good amount of relevant exprience in relevant field - there's still no luck. I'm bidding on relevant as well as odd work jobs , but still getting noticed there. Might be it's something to do with my profile or the hourly rate I proposed over there, fixed price contracts also seems that they're not for tobe on my plate 😞
May be upwork need some different criteria to bid and win a job listed over there.
Every skill you acquire doubles your odds of success.

a2ffc2dc
Community Member

Yes sir, I agree with you. I also believe the platform is a bit complicated. Though uncomparable as it serves different purpose but still, LinkedIn is much better and easier to deal with. 

I have made a Linkedln account but I am not sure how to connect and receive jobs. Any advice there?

honeyv
Community Member

Well this platform was so much easy to navigate and wining the jobs was too easy ... Linkedin has its own way get noticed there... But I was more lean towards making the stuff work on upwork profile and winning more jobs... Let's how it goes there in coming days if I hit some relevant job there.

sajal36
Community Member

I believe the competition is really tough on the platform. However skills always get appreciated by the client and quality deliverable appreciated. I believe freelancing is similar to running a small organization & compete with other skilled colleague in the industry.

I will suggest a 2 fold approach for getting work - either go for premium or go for discounting model. If you go premium, you will lok for Jobs seeking rates close to premium price and accordingly you can align your proposal. To be in this category, you will need to reflect your work accrodingly in your profile. However, in discounted model you need to keep adjusting your price based on client budget. 

If you are bidding for a discount model on premium price than chances are less for qualifying for the job.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members