🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: NO Flag option on some job posts?
Page options
r_veezy
Community Member

NO Flag option on some job posts?

Hi there, do you guys know why some jobs do not have a "flag" option?*see screenshot attached*

I'm trying to report a couple jobs that have already been finished, including reviews left by client and/or freelancer, but have not been closed and people (including myself as i just found out how to understand wether job poster has already hired someone and if they already completed the job) are wasting connects on jobs that have already been completed. 
It's pretty annoying, i reckon the system should automatically close or hide jobs posts once someone has been hired, or at least once payment has been released /review left.
let me know, thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
hodgesh
Community Member

Do not flag these job posts. Upwork allows clients to keep jobs open even after hiring. The client may want to hire additional people. And there's no flagging option for this anyways.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
hodgesh
Community Member

Do not flag these job posts. Upwork allows clients to keep jobs open even after hiring. The client may want to hire additional people. And there's no flagging option for this anyways.

yitwail
Community Member

Before sending a proposal, look carefully at the job description to make sure there are no hires listed for it, so you don’t waste connects.

Riccardo V wrote:

I'm trying to report a couple jobs that have already been finished, including reviews left by client and/or freelancer, but have not been closed and people (including myself as i just found out how to understand wether job poster has already hired someone and if they already completed the job) are wasting connects on jobs that have already been completed.

That is NOT a reason to flag the job.

You may decide not to apply, but leaving a job open after hiring is not a violation of the terms of service.

Clients are given the choice if they want to close the job when the freelancer they are hiring accepts.

r_veezy
Community Member

Thank you for your reply Petra, i understand your point and the purpose of giving job posters the chance to hire more freelancers in the process, but do you reckon it makes sense to leave it open even after the job has clearly been done and client says is happy with the job done in the review? bc i don't understand the utility of this, other than make people waste connects on purpose so they can buy more.

once the job is done it should be closed in my opinion..if you need new freelancers for the same job again, just re-post it?! Cheers.

Riccardo V wrote:

Thank you for your reply Petra, i understand your point and the purpose of giving job posters the chance to hire more freelancers in the process, but do you reckon it makes sense to leave it open even after the job has clearly been done and client says is happy with the job done in the review? bc i don't understand the utility of this, other than make people waste connects on purpose so they can buy more.

once the job is done it should be closed in my opinion..if you need new freelancers for the same job again, just re-post it?! Cheers.

No, of course not. Occasionally the client may be planning to make another similar hire, but generally, you're correct that it serves no purpose and causes some problems if freelancers aren't careful.

Still, that's the system Upwork decided on, and flagging a job they've decided to allow won't accomplish anything.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Lots of jobs entail hiring multiple freelancers to do the same task.

There's nothing wrong or unusual about that.

For example, I have hired between 5 to 20 freelancers to do the exact same job, including;

- hiring multiple penetration testers to try to hack into a website I created, and report on their findings regarding potential security problems

- hiring multiple illustrators to create avatar images in various styles for a user login system

- hiring multiple Microsoft Access specailists to answer a set of questions about their own philosophies and approaches to MS Access work

If you're not interested in working on jobs which hire multiple people, then you can look for yourself at the job's hiring numbers, and decide to no apply to the job.

Preston H wrote:

Lots of jobs entail hiring multiple freelancers to do the same task.

There's nothing wrong or unusual about that.

For example, I have hired between 5 to 20 freelancers to do the exact same job, including;

- hiring multiple penetration testers to try to hack into a website I created, and report on their findings regarding potential security problems

- hiring multiple illustrators to create avatar images in various styles for a user login system

- hiring multiple Microsoft Access specailists to answer a set of questions about their own philosophies and approaches to MS Access work

If you're not interested in working on jobs which hire multiple people, then you can look for yourself at the job's hiring numbers, and decide to no apply to the job.

I wasn't actually referring to this type of jobs, in fact ,if i'm not wrong, it is specified on the job post how many freelancers the client is looking to hire. What you say would make sense if there wasn't a review from the client saying the job was completed successfully.
Let me just make up an example to make sure you understand my point, let's say a client requires a 1 page word document converted into pdf and the job was posted a week ago e.g. Then i go to the client's recent activity and see a review for that exact job, with the client saying the conversion was done perfectly on time and as requested. Now, what i would understand from this is that the job has been completed and there is no need for more freelancers! Right? Otherwise the client would've gave the extra task to the freelancer hired in the first place, or he would've specified there was more than a single job in the main post or simply re-post a similar or equal job, in my opinion.

This would be the only way a freelancer can tell whether it is worth  or not to apply for a job that already has a hire and also a review saying the job was done. Hope i was clear enough explaining the scenario, let me know what you guys think bc i definitely reckon this could be improved, unless like i said before it is a tactic upwork uses to make people waste connects on jobs that are gone already, to increase the chances of them buying more.

petra_r
Community Member

Riccardo V wrote:

Let me just make up an example to make sure you understand my point, let's say a client requires a 1 page word document converted into pdf and the job was posted a week ago e.g. Then i go to the client's recent activity and see a review for that exact job, with the client saying the conversion was done perfectly on time and as requested. Now, what i would understand from this is that the job has been completed and there is no need for more freelancers!
Right?

let me know what you guys think

I think once that happened to you a few times, you will soon learn to look more carefully before you submit a proposal, especially when a simple little job was posted a week ago.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths