Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOT ACCEPTING ARBITRATION AS A FREELANCER ON A DISPUTE

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 17

Saleem A wrote:

will my arbitration fees will be refunded if I win the case?

No, you only get the amount in escrow. But it seems the client's tactic is designed to bully you into not actually going ahead.

She may very well fold when you call her bluff.

khanzada01
Ace Contributor
Saleem A Member Since: Nov 28, 2018
12 of 17

Another thing i need to know.

if she agree to resolve this issue by paying me some that I agree on. What are the steps I should I take on my end so I am sure that I get the money she said she is paying.

khanzada01
Ace Contributor
13 of 17

this is client's last message

"Escalate it, because YOU ARE NOT GETTING PAID.

We will pay more so you dont get paid. You dont deserve it.

Just because you are broke, its not our problem. Do the work and finish the work. You are lazy."

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
14 of 17

Why are you still communicating outside the dispute?

Freelancers frequesntly talk themselves out of getting paid that way.

Go in the dispute and tell the mediator that unfortunately it seems that communication has broken down to such an extend that an amicable solution can not be reached through mediation, and ask to initiate the arbitration process.

Be calm, polite, factual, professional, and firm. Say as much as necessary, and as little as possile. Do not provide her with rope to hang you with.

khanzada01
Ace Contributor
15 of 17

NO, I m not communicating. I shared her last message before the dispute.

khanzada01
Ace Contributor
16 of 17

Hi,

i am in a dispute with a client. She dont want to pay me for my work. She said it openly, she said she would pay more so i dont get paid. While the dispute process with upwork's agent, all my proofs made her made and she abused me on whatsapp (we have in contact on whatsapp too). She is claiming in the dispute thread that she did not text me and asking agent to dail the number. Is it going to be a part of harrasment? upworking is taking any action?

**Edited for community guidelines**

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
17 of 17

Hi Saleem,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. It looks like you have an open ticket with our Dispute team about this dispute. Please consider following up on your open ticket and kindly communicate with our team through that ticket if you have any questions, in order to keep all the information in one place.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS