🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » NOT HAPPY
Page options
emilianoek
Community Member

NOT HAPPY

When I registered on your site I did not know how it worked but 3 things I do not like and if they do not change I will close my address with you. 1 - Why do you need the bank card code which is personal? 2 - Why do I have to Buy Connects when I am here to find work and have to pay without finding anything? 3 - Even if I Buy Connects who guarantee the work? If the jobs I apply they close with someone else, why my Connects is not returned to me? So I'm very disappointed with this way of doing business as the company gets 20% commission in case a job is done. I hope it changes or I will leave thank you

11 REPLIES 11
836408d7
Community Member

@emilianoek wrote:

. 1 - Why do you need the bank card code which is personal?

To verify your identity.

@emilianoek wrote:

2 - Why do I have to Buy Connects when I am here to find work and have to pay without finding anything? 

Because Upwork is a Freelancing marketplace.

@emilianoek wrote:

3 - Even if I Buy Connects who guarantee the work? If the jobs I apply they close with someone else, why my Connects is not returned to me? 

No one guarantees you work. You have to show clients you're worth hiring. Let's hope they don't see this post, eh?

@emilianoek wrote:

So I'm very disappointed with this way of doing business as the company gets 20% commission in case a job is done. I hope it changes or I will leave thank you

It's not going to change. This is a pretty wiidely used business model, all Freelancing sites have their own terms and conditions that you can, you know, actually research before joining up to.

If you know some free ways to market yourself in which you'll be guaranteed work, I wouldn't blame you if you left Upwork.

They want the pin of the bank card. I agree with the long number and expiration date and details of the person holding the card, but not the PIN that is personal. Then come on, I am giving the keys to the house, everything is like that, where I am sure that no incidents occur, they are money and with the money, you have to be very safe. I listened to it on Youtube as a site and kept it for good with job opportunities. Then along the way when I registered I came across these other things. Ok, I buy connects and apply to one work which requires 6 connects. This offer expires or someone else takes it then, why does not the page return these 6 connects to me? Where do these Connects of mine go? Agree for 20% I have no objection but this with Connects I have so far spent $ 5 and have no job income. I am able to provide a lot and do even more things than I have experience but I can not invest money here hoping to find something. I better invest in a private business or open an Amazon store or something than here to spend and live with hope. 

Emiliano K wrote:

They want the pin of the bank card.

Upwork absolutely never ever ask for that. 

I'm not joking, then I'm bringing you photos where they ask not only for the expiration date but want a personal 3 digit pin.

**Edited for community guidelines**

Haha, you mean the three digit security code on the back of your card?

Oh wow.

Emiliano K wrote:

I'm not joking, then I'm bringing you photos where they ask not only for the expiration date but want a personal 3 digit pin.

personal pin is 4 digit number
3 digit number is the security code on the back of the card - all sites will ask for that

lizablau
Community Member

He's probably confusing the 3-digit security code on the back of all credit cards with the PIN number.  

As Petra said, Upwork would never ask for your PIN number.  But most places require the 3-digit code for security reasons. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Emiliano K wrote:

When I registered on your site I did not know how it worked but 3 things I do not like and if they do not change I will close my address with you. 1 - Why do you need the bank card code which is personal? 2 - Why do I have to Buy Connects when I am here to find work and have to pay without finding anything? 3 - Even if I Buy Connects who guarantee the work? If the jobs I apply they close with someone else, why my Connects is not returned to me? So I'm very disappointed with this way of doing business as the company gets 20% commission in case a job is done. I hope it changes or I will leave thank you

You bring up interesting points. Would you feel better if I told you I will share with my team?

joansands
Community Member

Emiliano - Maybe you should have done some research on how Upwork works before you joined. When you find a site that will guarantee that you will get work, please let all of us know.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Emiliano K wrote:

Those things will not change so if they are dealbreakers then you should try another freelancing site. No offense intended, just telling you the truth of the matter, so you can make an informed choice. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members