cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NUMBER OF APPLICANTS NOT SHOWING AGAIN

Shadrack B Member Since: Sep 4, 2013
1 of 5

Hello everyone, please I have observed with dissapointment and dismay over the apparent extinction of number of applicants to a particular job post as seen on the current (client activity on this job) section. I believe that the main reason why upwork introduced connects, top rated as well as other enhancing tweaks to this platform is to enable freelancers leverage maximum results on their proposals. However I believe the recent decision to hide number of proposals (applications) to a particular job post defeats that feat. This is because in other for someone to apply to any job post one needs to get an idea about the number of people he/she is competing with in order to identify their strenghs or weaknesses. This will either motivate the person to proceed with the application or demotivate the person to reserve his/her limited connects in order to apply to a more likely post where one believes his chances are high. With the current situation however, you will not be able to access all these until you have applied to a job post. This means that upwork is now forcing us to "leap before we look" which I believe is not fair for new and experienced freelancers alike....We shall therefore be glad to have our old Proposals under client activity on this job section back..Thank you.

Szu-Wei Y Member Since: Aug 16, 2015
2 of 5

I'm not sure if you are refering to the missing proposal bug. I guess I had 3 proposal MIA and the support team said the client cannot see those proposals either. I don't know what they're up to for the next update but I hope they fix this problem quick.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
3 of 5

HI Shadrack,

I can confirm that there has not been any intentional change to the way the number of applicants is displayed on job postings. What you are referring to is most likely related to the technical issue we are currently experiencing with the proposals being delayed. The team is working to make sure it's fixed as soon as possible and once it is, you will be able to see the number of applicants on the job postings again.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Stephen R Member Since: Jun 19, 2015
4 of 5

Yes just applied to a job and i cant see it.

Another wonderful day at Upwork.

Man Frustrated

If the emojis take a dump' I'll really be disappointed.

Ace Contributor
Jessica V Member Since: Jul 30, 2015
5 of 5

Hello Shadrack, I also experienced this and reported the issue to the Team through Live Chat. Whenever I experience a technical issue I always contact the Support Agents because they address the issues to the Upwork Team and they fix them.

I was told it was due to the technical issues they're experiencing, but then received an email from the Team saying that my issue was more complex and that they would fix the issue. I believe it is faster to contact the Team right away, I'm sure they will make everything alright.

Have a nice day!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS